Two buttons, same midi signal?
    Tech Convert

Default Two buttons, same midi signal?

Hi!

I am quite new to midi controls and I have recently bought a Xponent and a Akai MPD 24 to use with Traktor Pro.

Everything is good except that sometimes a button on the Akai gets mixed up to be the same as one on the Xponent. So when I trigger a hotcue on my Akai I also for example start playing deck A, or pausing it.

After some research it seems like i need to somehow program my Xponent to send on Channel 1&2 I think it already does that but then I need to program my Akai to send midi on channel 3&4, and as far as I have searched the internet I have not found any info on it.

Maybe I am the worlds worst googler, but I hope that someone here knows the answer, if so I would be really glad to hear what I can do to solve this issue.

Btw, love this forum, it really keeps you up to date with things now when everything is going digital.

Thanks!

// Mingus

You need to change the channel that one of the midi controllers is sending midi to. This is sometimes done on the unit, sometimes done is software and sometimes cant be done and has to be done with third party software. Best bet is to read the manuals for both devices, and look closely at any software that might have come with it.

Theres a few 3rd party progams that can change the chanel thats used - midi-ox and bomes midi translator classic (both free) just to name a couple.

Changing the midi channel in bomes is super easy you just need two create two translators.

Translator 1:
    incomming - 90 qq pp
    outgoing - 91 qq pp

Translator 2:
    incomming B0 qq pp
    outgoing - B1 qq pp

Tech Convert

Thanks bentosan for the quick answer!
    I will try it as soon as I get home.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by minguzz View Post
    Thanks bentosan for the quick answer!
    I will try it as soon as I get home.

Cheers
    No problem, welcome to the DJTT community

Tech Convert

Hey!

I skipped the third party program thingy and found out that with some old school reading the manual you can change channels atleast on the Akai.
    This is done by pressing the Edit button, switching to note with the main knob and then switching channel and note with the main knob again, if anyone else wonders how to do this with an Akai .

Thanks for the help BentoSan, and the warm welcoming to the community !

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Yeah, whenever Bento starts talking about Bomes there is usually an easier way, involving the manual, and not requiring Hexidecimal knowledge.

Welcome, minguzz!
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post
    Yeah, whenever Bento starts talking about Bomes there is usually an easier way, involving the manual, and not requiring Hexidecimal knowledge.

Welcome, minguzz!
    Are you trying to say i dont read the manual?
    Or that i read the manual but still choose the harder way to do it ? haha

btw, dont listen to DvlsAdvct, Bomes doesnt work on his pc so he is yet to be converted to the power of the dark side