High CPU usage with Traktor s4
    Tech Convert

Default High CPU usage with Traktor s4

Hey everyone, so I have a slight problem/question. I have a HP DV7 laptop with 8 gigs of RAM and a 2.1 GHZ AMD Turion dual core processor. I have 2 HD's installed on it, one with my OS and one as a drive for storing all of my music. I have disabled many of the functions and background programs on Win7 and disabled all the nice cosmetic aero effects etc... the problem I am having is that when running my S4 software it is using a ton of CPU, after opening the program at idle without the hardware even connected, no songs loaded or anything its using about 50-55% of my CPU. When actually playing it spikes into the red. I know the specs are adaquate for running the software as I have read people with much lower specs running everything fine. If anyone has any suggestions to help with the problem I am all ears, and thank you to any responses I receive.

If you are referring to the CPU meter in TS4, it measures load on the audio engine, not overall CPU usage. Raise your latency, make sure your laptop doesn't have any power saving functions on and make sure it is set for 'background tasks'.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Yeah it's definitely a latency thing. Use the lowest HZ and most packets and it should drop to zero.

Tech Convert

thank you very much

Goed te horen!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Hey bro I also have a Hp DV7 and in the beginning I had CPU issues. I found this article on DJTT which helped alot.

http://www.djtechtools.com/2009/07/1...e_windows_djs/

http://www.djtechtools.com/2009/04/1...way/#more-1265
    2013 MBPr 13" | X1 mk2 | TSP 2 | A6 | DJM 900 nexus | HD 25 UBER Aluminum's | Technics sl1210 mk2's | Logic Pro 9