Dual Boot - Windows 7

Default Dual Boot - Windows 7

Has anyone got a laptop with Dual Boot Windows 7 partitions? Thinking of doing this with my Sony Vaio Win 7 machine. I've already set a 100Gb partition on the lappy - but Vaio's are a funny machine. I'm not even sure about installing the drivers on the new partition.

Anyone have any experience, or advise???
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Do you have any idea what you are doing?

Yeah I am currently doing it with Linux and Windows.

Reformat. Install two OS's on separate partitions. Choose appropriate Boot Loader. PROFIT???

Windows 7 & Ubuntu are very intuitive in that as long as you have drivers for your networking it can detect and install the appropriate drivers for everything else off of the internet. They are both extremely user friendly.

I dual boot my acer netbook with Win 7 and ubuntu. I put Ubuntu on second and the setup was extremely easy, just follow the wizard.

My personal recommendation for dual booting between two instances of Windows is to use PartitionMagic or Acronis Disk Manager/Director 1st to create physical partitions and assign logical volumes and drive letters.
    PC | TSP2 | A8 | S4 | X1 | T1200MK2

Beat Gridding Tutorial

Also using dual boot with win 7 and ubuntu 10.10
    I need win 7 for running applications like traktor and adobe products, actually, that's all I have installed on windows!!! It has no internet connection so its always ready for gig, and I have less to think will it fail me live...
    If you already have win7 installed, you can do partitioning from there, it has very good tool for that.
    If you want to dual boot it with ubuntu, just install it second, it's gonna install you a grub loader and configure it itself.
    Oh, and don't worry about drivers, ubuntu installs them automatic, and win7 also installs bigger part of them.
    If you need any help contact me here or via pm, I can help you.

Job Done!!! I've now got two Win 7 partitions. One stripped down (for Music), and one full version (for Internet and general use).

Didn't need to re-install, just created a (logical) partition using Disc Management, then installed Win 7 from an .iso image onto that partition.

Backed up all my Internet Partition drivers using Drivermax, and then did a restore from back-up on my Music Partition.

Easy peasy.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj