What Software do you use? - Page 3

View Poll Results: What Dj Software do you use?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Traktor

55 72.37%
  • Deck A Dance

2 2.63%
  • Torq

4 5.26%
  • Ableton Live

8 10.53%
  • Serato Scratch

1 1.32%
  • Mix Vibes

0 0%
  • Other

6 7.89%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Question to those of you using Ableton to DJ:

Does it work on a (somewhat) regular method of syncing two tracks up [one playing, one cued] or does it all rely on having your tracks gridded so that they sync on their own?
    17" MacBook Pro, 2.66 GHz i7, 4GB RAM; Vestax VCI-100, NI Audio Kontrol 1/ MBox Mini, M-Audio Oxygen 8, Beyerdynamic DT-150 cans; Pro Tools LE 8, Ableton Live 8, Logic Studio 9, Traktor Pro

Tech Mentor

Hmm i think VirtualDJ should be on there, as its also sold as CUE if im not mistaken.

I first began with Deckadance, but have been disappointed with the key lock and thus moved to virtualdj, if deckandance get their keylock worked out ill be back on it for sure.

In the mean time i think im going to have to get my head around Tractor, it just seems a bit over-featured if you know what i mean.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by kidfromkibbly View Post

Does it work on a (somewhat) regular method of syncing two tracks up [one playing, one cued] or does it all rely on having your tracks gridded so that they sync on their own?

Tracks gridded and then broken down into samples which I then layer on top of one another etc - Mostly like Moldover.

I dont' see the point in not syncing tracks your going to use - its usually not that hard and means u don't have to waste time doing it live. Altough I can usually grid a track well enough live while other track is playing if needs be.

Quote Originally Posted by cioce View Post
    EhEh, I don't see Virtual DJ in the Poll
    Ditto that's what I switched over to.

Quote Originally Posted by eltiburon View Post
    Virtual Dj. By far one of the best yet least respected software alternatives out there. I started with Mixmeister, Otsturntable, Acid, PCDJ, but in the end, Virtual Dj was the most stable. Their forum is quick to respond to my needs and the software works if you take the time to get your machine up to par. Still don't know why so many folks sleep or hate on the software. They had video mixing way before serato or some others.
    I tried Traktor, Deckadance, and Virtual DJ and liked VDJ the best of the three personally, but I'm still in the process of setting it up in a way I like it's a on going process. I like the fact that you can VJ with it that's probably the biggest advantage to me over the others, but also think the vinyl emulation sounds best with VDJ.

Traktor 2.2 and Traktor 3.1 w/ Final Scratch
    Reaktor 5
    Ablton Live 6 and 7
    Fruityloops
    Dekadance
    Reason
    Acid 4
    Soundforge 7
    and Various Midi translators for controllers etc...

all of which I am at the bottom of the learning curve for. Yet I have been nose deep in each programs manual.

Quote Originally Posted by kidfromkibbly View Post

It's all about preparation and having your tracks warped properly. From there, you can have a track sliced up many different ways that you can then trigger and switch back and forth from to make your own edit on the fly... or not. You can A-B mix and enjoy yourself just as well without all that.

As far as mixing, I personally don't even bother with cueing. I don't think it's needed if you warped your stuff right and know your tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonj View Post
    Traktor 2.2 and Traktor 3.1 w/ Final Scratch
    Reaktor 5
    Ablton Live 6 and 7
    Fruityloops
    Dekadance
    Reason
    Acid 4
    Soundforge 7
    and Various Midi translators for controllers etc...

all of which I am at the bottom of the learning curve for. Yet I have been nose deep in each programs manual.
    Bittorrent too if you ask me.

cant believe i am the only one so far using ssl. slowly picking up ableton and my g4 powerbook doesnt meet the minimum for traktor.

Well I have had some work pass an SSL. Been in studios with SSL, but never operated it myself.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast