Starting from scratch?

Default Starting from scratch?

At the moment I'm in kind of a pickle. From a forum, I downloaded a sh*tload of music. Some is very good, some is just crap. I also have a lot of old music at 128-196 kbps, and I have a bunch of music that I'll never play.

Now I can do two things, browse through 11 gigs of music, and just delete everything under 320, and anything that isn't very good.

Or I could just delete my entire library, and start from scratch.

What would you do?
    MBP 13" - Kontrol S4 - nanoKontrol - DHJ-500 - Hercules DJ Console MK1
    Find me on: Facebook, Soundcloud
    Quote Originally Posted by space monkey View Post
    Hi Karlos! I have a lawnmower, do you like grapes?

I would delete the crap and keep the quality tracks.

Then filter via CRAP again.

Then at least you have SOMETHING.....
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

I don't delete media.

Dont start from scratch dude. Delete the lower quality tracks, and delete any music you havent played in the last year, except for the classics. Go through the crappy stuff and make sure its all crap. I was once given 8gigs of mixed music, it took me ages to sort through all of it, but afterwards I managed to keep like 5gigs of quality music.

Once every 6 months I go through my library and get rid of any old music, stuff that I havnt played in months. That way I always stay current but I still got all the classics.
    2013 MBPr 13" | X1 mk2 | TSP 2 | A6 | DJM 900 nexus | HD 25 UBER Aluminum's | Technics sl1210 mk2's | Logic Pro 9

I've done this a few times. NEVER delete everything. You only need to listen to 10-20seconds of a track before deciding if you want to keep it.

Just open a window with your tunes in it, and close it to fill half of the screen. Open a media player in the other half of the screen. Delete tracks from the folder as you listen to 'em in the media player...
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

I ran into a similar issue awhile back.

I ended up deleting everything under 320kbps.

Now and again, I'll look for something I know I used to have, only to not find it. And some of the stuff I used to have was really obscure. But in the end, you'll be much happier with an entire collection you know is worth it's weight if you ever played on a larger sound system.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

I dunno, most people can't tell if it's a 'crappy' mp3 unless it's under 128kbps or so... If it's a floor banging, hard to find song, don't ever delete it. There's so much electronic and house music out there, and hard drives are SO cheap, it doesn't make sense to delete anything.

Back up everything in your library on a $100 1tb external drive, and then keep all the 'good' stuff on a smaller solid state drive or similar.

It takes a while but is easily worth it!

I don't delete anything, but I only have good, high bitrate tunes in the playlists that I normally use.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud