Monitors/Headphones.
    Tech Guru

Default Monitors/Headphones.

So my birthday is coming up, due to moving house and dropping everything pretty much i am currently djing without any decent sound when at home, just cheap headphones.
    I primarily am a DJ, but i also dabble in (and would like to move more into) production.

I've been looking at monitors and headphones, headphones will be the most important as me and my girlfriend share a studio flat, so not much use for monitors right now.

I've had a look at headphones, and my budget is £100 maximum, would like to spend less if possible.

Here's what i've narrowed it down to:
    Sennheiser HD 25 II
    Sennheiser HD 215 MKII
    AKG K 240 MKII
    AKG K121
    Roland RH 200
    Shure SRH750DJ
    Fostex T7
    Audio Technica ATH-AD500

If anybody has any other suggestions or can englighten me on any of those it would be appreciated

I will also be purchasing monitors in the near future, just after christmas, i'm after active balanced with TRS input if possible for under £200 a pair.

I've seen a couple i like;

M-Audio Studiophile BX5A
    JBL LSR2325P
    Alesis M1

I would appreciate any advice on those and any other alternatives, it might be wise to mention that i won't particularly need much power from the monitors just a good range of frequency response and reliability. (Will be adding a sub at a later date)

Thankyou.

For monitors I like the BX5As but you lose a lot of the bass ... they are perfect for small studio apts and other situations where you don't want to bug the neighbors, but if you're looking for booming bass, look elsewhere.

HD25s are the best headphones I've used. I have a pair plugged into my laptop right now, though I'm not listening to anything.

They also survived a horrible car wreck that claimed the lives of my macbook, and my iPod…they were in the same bag…just needed a new headband, which is user replaceable and took all of 2 minutes.

Given my druthers, I'd switch to IEMs, but they're amazing headphones.

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    HD25s are the best headphones I've used. I have a pair plugged into my laptop right now, though I'm not listening to anything.

They also survived a horrible car wreck that claimed the lives of my macbook, and my iPod…they were in the same bag…just needed a new headband, which is user replaceable and took all of 2 minutes.

Given my druthers, I'd switch to IEMs, but they're amazing headphones.
    I was using my iem last gig I had, surprisingly most people didn't even know that we would use something out of the "stereotypical" dual cups.

Tech Guru

Thanks for your input, the HD 25's are a little more than i'd like to spend, any input on the HD 215s? The £60 difference could buy me quite alot of music (I plan to subscribe to Djcity aswell).