RCA to XLR ?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RCA to XLR ?

Default RCA to XLR ?

Hey ive been lookin for a mixer but didnt want to break the bank however all the cheap mixers dont have XLR outputs just RCA

Would something like this work to conect to the amps?

the RCA would come from my sound card and the xlrs conect to the females that conect to the amp?

hope soomeone can help

Soundcloud sounds!
    Twits and tweets!

I use those types of cables with my soundcard to studio monitors. It's always worked fine. Would assume the same with your setup.
    "Listening to Techno without bass is like trying to get yourself off without using your hands."
    My music blog: www.thevlyhouse.com

Just make sure the cable doesn't run too far, RCAs are unbalanced so very susceptible to electromagnetic interference from external sources. Fine for connecting a soundcard to a mixer, but not for carrying the signal 20ft to a speaker in a club like environment.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

would a short one be ok just to connect it to the XLRS that come from the amp or the speakers?

Does the signal become balanced as soon as it is converted to the XLR lead?

Soundcloud sounds!
    Twits and tweets!

Quote Originally Posted by cmster View Post
    would a short one be ok just to connect it to the XLRS that come from the amp or the speakers?

Does the signal become balanced as soon as it is converted to the XLR lead?
    No, it's an unbalanced signal up to and into the amp. There are powered boxes that will convert RCA unbalanced signal to a balanced XLR or 1/4 signal if you're really concerned but as long as the run to the amp is not too far you shouldn't have to worry about too much interference. Just turn off your cell phone if you're using unbalanced cables on long runs.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

what he said. You need a powered convertor to balance unbalanced signals.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5

Cmster,

Where do you live? I've got a few of these powered boxes I don't really use anymore. I'd send you one if you're not too far away.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Now that's generosity!

i use cables like this to run from my firebox/audio 4 directly into a powered sub, and then use xlr's from the sub to some powered mains. hasn't given me any problems at all...

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

SirReal is the real deal!!
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast