tempo fader confusion

Default tempo fader confusion

question.. i am a long time user of the vci-100 arcade mod and i mapped my tempo faders to have a soft takeover. They word well like that. How the hell am i supposed to use the sync option on the s4 then adjust the tempo after mixing over without the tempo jumping since the fader is out of place? i tried to re-map it i couldn't get it. May seem hard to understand, hopefully someone gets what i'm saying.

i did notice that when I demoed the S4 at the DJ Expo, can you post a pix of the settings under the control panel and see how the pitch faders are mapped?
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

You can click both of the offset buttons to zero the fader. While both buttons are lit you can move the fader with no affect on pitch. As soon as you click the buttons again though it will move back the software fader to wherever the physical fader is. I've found that when I have my pitch range set to 10% in the preferences it makes it more manageable and I'm never really trying to autosync songs that are more than 10% different.

The other confusing thing is the way Traktor keeps the clock is different from Pro, but the same as Traktor 3 which apparently is better. I'll see if I can find that explenation.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x