Cuts
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cuts

Default Cuts

There was only one post on DJTT covering transitions. As I understand from the taxonomy, or nomenclature is that cuts or slams are X fade's drastically to either the left or right, on the one.

After some thourough searching on the net all I got was DJ transition video's that were less informative that the one provided by Ean Golden. Alas, I didn't do you youtube search. Perhaps you can all help me take full advantage of my EQ's, faders, and sampler's for sickgnar transitions

<3 max

The MASSIVE BUILD-UP BREAKDOWN!
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Tech Guru

transitions. Any easy one is have your songs beatmatch and run a 4 bar loop on the the song you have CUE'd. Then the song that is playing you kill the bass. Then after a few beats with no bass in it you bring up the song that you have CUE'd. The crowd is expecting bass, this time the bass of a different song. You can do this well with vocals, and as the vocal "hook" ends you let the loop go and transition to the new song while you fade out the vocal.

You really don't need a loop, you can just count the beats and time it.

There's one transition. I use this with dance music not traditional EDM where the transitions are faster.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Quote Originally Posted by haze324 View Post
    I use this with dance music not traditional EDM where the transitions are faster.
    Are these two not one and the same thing?
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Guru

Nope.

Dance music as in Pitbull, Lil Jon, Dj Class, Usher, etc. even some old Jams, Push-It, Bell Biv Devoe, Tone Loc, 2 Live Crew.

I don't really consider the above "hip-hop" and in a normal set of this kinda music I'll play EDM remixes of top 40, or some trendy EDM (Deadmau, Guetta, SWM, etc.) but i consider that Trendy EDM and the first stuff typical dance music.

At least in my neck of the woods.....

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Nope.

Dance music as in Pitbull, Lil Jon, Dj Class, Usher, etc. even some old Jams, Push-It, Bell Biv Devoe, Tone Loc, 2 Live Crew.

I don't really consider the above "hip-hop" and in a normal set of this kinda music I'll play EDM remixes of top 40, or some trendy EDM (Deadmau, Guetta, SWM, etc.) but i consider that Trendy EDM and the first stuff typical dance music.

At least in my neck of the woods.....
    Interesting
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Mentor

here's one for ya .. hit the turntable effect in traktor and go full dw / any effect length you want and have the delay on full too .. hit it on and the track your playing with start to slow down like on a turntable, hit the delay and it'll start to echo out too .. now if the next track is a lot slower or faster hit cue on this one and start to bring it in volume wise - the echo will speed up or slow down to match the new track tempo and then echo out ... you can play with filter too on the new track as you bring it in too so it doesn't just drop hard etc ..

nice if you want to do a big tempo shift - sort of like Ean's 'freeze' transition but alittle different with the turntable effect going too ..

Nope.

I'm pretty sure most of those guys would class themselves as Hip Hop/RnB acts who've used an EDM producer. Or featured in EDM records. I don't class that as a separate genre from EDM, since that in fact stands for Electronic Dance Music...
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Quote Originally Posted by kerr View Post
    here's one for ya .. hit the turntable effect in traktor and go full dw / any effect length you want and have the delay on full too .. hit it on and the track your playing with start to slow down like on a turntable, hit the delay and it'll start to echo out too .. now if the next track is a lot slower or faster hit cue on this one and start to bring it in volume wise - the echo will speed up or slow down to match the new track tempo and then echo out ... you can play with filter too on the new track as you bring it in too so it doesn't just drop hard etc ..

nice if you want to do a big tempo shift - sort of like Ean's 'freeze' transition but alittle different with the turntable effect going too ..
    is that with auto deck focus?
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

Tech Guru

Exactly, is it Hip-Hop or R&B? Just like there’s tech house, tribal, minimal, etc. it’s not all just “EDM”. So i can’t just lump all that stuff into Hip-Hop (Jay-Z, Lil Wayne, Kanye,etc.) So the crossover type music I lump into “dance” tunes. It’s tomato, tomAto….really.

I do agree that Lil John is a hip hop artist --- but in my playlists I lump that as “dance” music. YeeeeaaahhaaayY!!!!!

WUT!

my point was I do different transitions with that "type" of dance musice vs. a progressive house track.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast