more fx- TPro or smart mixing with ableton

Default more fx- TPro or smart mixing with ableton

so ive been checking out this site alot but never really posted anything until now. i gotta say thanks in advance because alot of my digital djing info has come from this site. i had a question for everybody... im curently running a vci100 with traktor 3.4 and its absolutely awesome. the only drawback i can find in traktor 3.4 is the major lack of fx. i find myself overusing certain fx since there are only about 5 to choose from. ive been reading that TPro has upgrade this fx selection, and i also have dilly dallied around with some fx in ableton7. now my question for you all is, if im looking for a larger fx selection, would you guys recommend upgrading to TPro or routing traktor 3.4 through ableton? all opinions are welcome and thanks for your help

Abletons effects engine eats Traktor Pro's effects engine for brekfast, however Traktor Pro's effects are more convenient as you dont have to do as much work to get effects going.
    If you want to take your effects section to "the next level" go for Ableton, if your just looking for some simple effects that you dont have to work much on go for Traktor Pro.

Traktor Pro's effects are definantly a step up from Traktor 3.4's but it still doesnt compare with what can be done in Ableton with a bit of time and some determination.

awesome, thanks for the quick reply, i really appreciate it. that was actually what i was leaning towards since i already have a copy of ableton and wouldnt have to purchase any upgrades. ill have to read more into syncing the programs, ive seen tons of posts and articles about it. thanks for you help again im looking forward to stepping these fx up ill let you know how it goes

After alot of testing i found the midi clock to be unreliable and just sync them by hand now.

Traktor Pro has added some small things ontop of Traktor 3 other than just effects. Depening on what you need it still might be worth upgrading to Pro and still route your audio to Ableton ontop of that - that's exactly what i am doing currently.

interesting concept, definitely looking into it. Bento, if im understanding this correctly, couldnt you just adjust the midi clock offset in the traktor settings? or are the midi syncing capabilities just not developed enough yet?

Quote Originally Posted by the shmobletons View Post
    interesting concept, definitely looking into it. Bento, if im understanding this correctly, couldnt you just adjust the midi clock offset in the traktor settings? or are the midi syncing capabilities just not developed enough yet?
    Yeah thats what your ment to do, adjust the offset until the tracks line up, but the midi clock itself has some jitter so it doesnt stay perfectly on time. If you line things up by hand they seem to stay in time for alot longer.