DN MC-6000 - Has anyone tried it?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default DN MC-6000 - Has anyone tried it?

I've seen lots of comparisons between it and the S4, but I can't find any video online that demonstrates the MC6 by Denon...

Has anyone tried this thing out at perhaps BPM 2010?

And if not, what are your takes on S4 vs. MC-6000 taking into regards that timecoding is not too important too me.

And... what difference does it make in mixer quality that the MC is an analog mixer?
    And one last question, is the layout on the MC6 good?
    JK, one more...doe the plastic component's of the S4 feel cheap or do they feel quite solid?
    My Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/djmogal Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/dj.mogal Equipment: 2011 MBP 13"/ CDJ 350s/ DJM 350/ V-Moda CrossFade LP/ Traktor Pro

Tech Mentor

I have heard that its not very tactically laid out and that it isn't as good as the S4, but that by no means is from first hand experience.

Tech Wizard

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dic2WZpv8kc
    it looks great
    i think its much better than the s4
    the build quality is great it seems
    il get one
    B)

Tech Guru

Looks awesome. Want.

Thanks guys, next video should be with Traktor Pro.
    Everything lines up real nice, like a glove fit for Traktor.
    Silvio Zeppieri
    Denon DJ Brand Manager, D&M Professional
    100 Corporate Drive
    Mahwah, New Jersey, 07058 (USA)
    http://www.denondj.com

Tech Wizard

Silvio whats the output difference, if any, between the master XLRs and the 1.4" booth?
    Say i dont have XLRs but still dont want to use RCAs, is it possible to get the same level of output from the Booth channel?

Master Output includes, XLR and RCA
    Booth Output includes, TRS (balanced) and you can select which CH to output (as if it was a another Headphone Cue)
    Silvio Zeppieri
    Denon DJ Brand Manager, D&M Professional
    100 Corporate Drive
    Mahwah, New Jersey, 07058 (USA)
    http://www.denondj.com

Tech Student

Interesting!! I have bookemarked this.

@silvio (DENON).

firstly.... did you get my video clip on the SC-2000?

secondly.... i have a mate who wants to buy an MC-6000, he does a radio show in the UK. He uses VDJ Pro 7, he has a question ...

How can you record the mix (including microphone) with resorting to extra software and cables, he wants to use the loopback feature now built into VDJ7.

I quote him
    "BTW need your help if you have the contacts.... the MC-6000 manual (page 18) is confusing. From the look of it, the only channels you can pass back to VDJ via the USB sound card is the USB channels and there is no simple "master in" if you know what I mean.

You look at the two modes the manual says you can configure them as... well it's bizarre.

Now considering I have my weekly radio show, I was hoping that I could use the MC6000 the same way as I use my VMS4 - using the Record Loopback input in to VDJ from the aggregated output.

I really don't want to have a lead from the record out of the MC-6000 to the mic in on my lappy just to broadcast/record..."

hope you can help .
    XPS L701x i7 16GbRAM 2x 500Gb SSD RAID HD (Windows 7 Ultimate x64) 1 x 1Tb 7200 int.
    TSP 2.6.1 ¦ Audio 8 ¦ Audio 4 ¦ 4 x Denon SC-2000 ¦ 2 x DX2 ¦ EMU shortboard ¦ MIDI_FIGHTER_PRO_PLUS
    SL1210Mk5 x 2 ¦ Numark TTX x2 ¦ DJM-T1 ¦ DDM4000 MIDI Mixer ¦ Numark 4TRAK ¦ neoD+ cables
    8000+ 45's & 2500+ 12's ¦ 2 x Traktor Kontrol S4 ¦ X1 & F1

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by DENON View Post
    Master Output includes, XLR and RCA
    Booth Output includes, TRS (balanced) and you can select which CH to output (as if it was a another Headphone Cue)
    Oh i get that, what I was wondering was the signal quality/strength coming out of the booth's 1/4" vs. the masters.

Say i only have 1/4" cables, can i select the master channel on the booth send and still get the same audio quality and strength that i would from the regular master outputs?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast