Techno 1hr+ Set

Thread: Techno 1hr+ Set

Tech Mentor

Default Techno 1hr+ Set

Feeback wanted: Good or bad(keep it constructive please!)

Hey DJTT I would like some feedback. I've been thinking about trying to get out of the bedroom so I'm trying to make some longer mixes in a bunch of different genres of Electronic Music. So here's my first take at techno/minimal.

Not sure how accurate my tracklist is but it is close:

Opening (Original Mix) - Julian Jeweil
    Again (D.Diggler remix) - Leonardo Gonnelli
    Love Rehab Dub - Chaim
    The Early Bird -Kaiserdisco
    Opening (Original Mix) - Julian Jeweil
    Unpleasant Surprise (Popof Remix) - James Harcourt
    It's Just Muzik - Laurent Garnier
    Following My - Abe Duque & Virginia
    Knights Of Columbus (Guy Gerber edit) - On Spec
    Stay Down (Popof Remix) - Moby
    Symetrix (Original Mix) - RPO
    2000000 Suns (John Digweed & Nick Muir Remix) - King Unique
    Agua Ardiente (Loko) - Christian Malloni
    Last edited by svensat; 11-15-2010 at 11:32 PM.
    Setup: Studio XPS 1640 | VCI-100 SE | LPD8 | Traktor Pro | KRK Rokit Powered 6 G2 SE (Red)

Tech Mentor

Any feedback DJTT members? This is my third mix with no feedback. I'm eager to hear what other DJ's think of it.
    Setup: Studio XPS 1640 | VCI-100 SE | LPD8 | Traktor Pro | KRK Rokit Powered 6 G2 SE (Red)

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

The echo around 2:00 started a bit awkward faded out and the song got loud again. The finish bit was okay.

Are you juggling around the 8:30-10:00 mark? It sounded a little odd. Not real bad just strange.

The bass around 10:00 was a little heavy.

The echo around 15:20 was good. hope that was you.

Volume was reduced a bunch at 15:40

Laying a little to hard on the echo around 21:30 and the volume spike was to much.

I've got to take the kids to school so that's all I got time for now. In short your FX usage was a bit heavy and sometimes to abrupt. Concentrate on volume levels when coming out of FX and use them a little more sparingly in the mix itself. Playing with FX on a recorded mix is different than playing with them in the club. The higher energy in the club lends itself to more FX, but when I'm sitting at my desk I don't necessarily want to here a bunch of FX. The song selection for the bit I listened to was pretty good, just work on your levels and smooth out the FX usage a bit.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Mentor

Great. Thanks for the feedback so far. I'm still very much new to mixing and still trying to find the right balance in terms of FX usage. I need to get comfortable with the fact that a track can play out as is. The next mix I'm going to do I will focus on levels and EQ mixing. I am busy with school currently with a lot of projects (Design and Interactive Media major) so I'll try to find time for another mix or perhaps I will do another take on these tracks.

Thanks again! It is greatly appreciated!