Anyone own the Korg zero 4?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Anyone own the Korg zero 4?

Ok so back in england in 5 weeks and at last get to buy a new mixer
    (the euro is so weak)

and the korg zero 4 is in my top 5,plus i like the fact that its built for live
    how does it play in traktor,when coming to map midi etc....?
    all so the built in soundcard i now its tsp certified but how does sound compare to audio 8?

are there any downsides to this mixer?
    let me know cheers

Tech Mentor

I own the Zero4, it works great with Traktor. Plug in your decks straight into the mixer, no need for extra wires and you can switch the source at any time. The effects are pretty powerful and so are the EQs. The midi works great, 80% of the mixer is midi assignable.

do the leds work off the mixer or are only active through midi?
    i am pretty much set on this mixer just want to be sure but got a few weeks to deffo make my choice,cheers

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

One issue with the Zero4 is that the headphone output is INCREDIBLY quiet.
    Some guys are using a small headphone amp with it.

I like it. The sound quality is excellent. Just as good as the Audio 8 and FireWire is a joy.

Knobs are a bit flimsy so if your a hamfisted farmer and prefer the big knobs of a DJM600 then you have to take care.

Crossfader is smooth and light and you can switch it out for a ProXfade or an Innofader.

Lots of FX that are good but not blinding. Take some getting used to.

Midi capability is amazing and you can map just about anything on Traktor.

Looks better than anything around.

Im looking at changing it for the Denon 1600 sometime in the new year as i think its more sturdy but id recomend the Zero4 cus there are some crazy good prices around.

Be aware Korg support is none existant. NI support is like having a personal Nurse to wipe your bottom in comparison.

yeah been watching a few on ebay but as i cant do much till december time so will have to pray there are some around at the right price,but cheers guys

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Be aware Korg support is none existant. NI support is like having a personal Nurse to wipe your bottom in comparison.
    Non-existant as in the Korg website doesn't even have the zero's in existence anymore. There are no 64 bit drivers for it, and no support. Not a happy camper because of that, but the mixer itself is pretty beastly, if only it had a company supporting it.

13" MacBook Pro 2.7 i7 w/dual Raid0 OWC SSDs - S4 - Ableton Live 8- Lemur- iPad 2

WOw... i havent been there for a while. So they got rid of the Mixers subforum?

So many guys over there with trouble with their Zero8s and the lack of 64bit drivers.

Crazy that they came out with 2 amazing mixers and almost abandoned them straight away.
    One of the reasons im thinking of going for the Denon 1600 is the first class support. I just dont want to give up on the firewire card cus its excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    WOw... i havent been there for a while. So they got rid of the Mixers subforum?
    Don't know about the on the forums, but I do know is that all the d/l's, support pages, references to and about all the Zero's are gone. It is too bad, cause they had something really amazing going on with these mixers if they would have kept developing and fixing the issues. I would probably use mine a lot more if it had up to date drivers, but without, it's causing issues with running Jack in the 64 bit environment. Now it's just hanging around in case I need a backup.

13" MacBook Pro 2.7 i7 w/dual Raid0 OWC SSDs - S4 - Ableton Live 8- Lemur- iPad 2

Yeah i hear ya . To be honest if the headphone out had been adressed by a firmware update id be so happy with the Zero4 but the last time i took it out was to play in a marquee at a friends wedding. It wasnt even a particularly loud gig and couldnt use the korg soundcard cus it was way too quiet, i ended up using my backup Audio 2 and VCI 100 (i love my audio 2) but thats pathetic when the mixer cost my £800. I used the mixer for one CD player that i only played the first dance tune on... meh

well that sucks will have to give the korg zero a miss as upgradeing laptop at start of the year and with no drivers and no support for 64 its no good for me.
    fingers crossed i can get a good deal on a A&H at xmas

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast