Soundcard advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Soundcard advice

I already have Traktor pro and a Hercules RMX but would like to get a soundcard and some control vinyl to run instead of the controller. What are my options? Can I buy the soundcard and cables/vinyl separately and save some cash as I already have the software?

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

You need to jump on the 50% off deal NI has going right now. I would recommend TSP for $300 and you'll get an Audio 8 with control vinyl and multi core cables. You can do Duo which gets you and Audio 4, but the features are watered down in the software. It cost more money to try and buy the sound card and software separately.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

You'll need a Traktor (Pro/Duo) Scratch licence. They come with NI soundcards and control vinyl, and are 50% off at the moment. Traktor Pro by itself will not work with timecodes, an upgrade kit is available but due to the current sale it costs the same as a full TSP licence with Audio 8 DJ soundcard and control vinyls/CDs!
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Convert

so to get this correct, my version of TSP will not work if I just buy the parts separately? can I not just buy the Duo version and use it with my Traktor pro software?
    The 50% off deal is great!

The only feature on the comparison chart that I was not sure of was the Quantized Mode, what is this?

Tech Mentor

You dont have TSP (Traktor Scratch Pro) as far as i understand it but the normal Traktor Pro. you need one of the scratch versions, not the regular traktor Pro to use control vinyl.
    if you want to keep all the effects of Traktor Pro you need to buy Traktor Scratch Pro which will include the audio 8 dj, control vinyl and all cables needed. Get it for 300$ and sell your Traktor Pro license and whatever soundcard you use now.

quantized mode i think keeps tracks in sync (after releasing) even if you shorten a loop below one beat, not sure though but it cant hurt

Tech Convert

Do you know how I can check my Traktor version? I may well have scratch.

If it does turn out to be the scratch version, I might check to see if the bits separately are cheaper. With the offer though, might be worth just getting the lot again.

Simple lol, at the top left does it say 'Traktor Pro' or 'Traktor Scratch Pro'?

in terms of version, also click the Traktor logo and check that you have v1.2.7.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

It would be cheaper to buy everything again and sell the extra license. Did you not pay for this version of Traktor? If not then nows your chance to come clean.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    It would be cheaper to buy everything again and sell the extra license. Did you not pay for this version of Traktor? If not then nows your chance to come clean.
    haha geeeez you sound like the the NI police interrogation unit.

(all in good fun and before you ask, i bought my copy )

EDIT: haha misread what you were trying to say... i get it now. you mean come clean and buy legit software. as opposed to come clean, admit that your a pirate yada yada excuse me its been a long morning...

Yep, that's what I meant.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast