am i the only one...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default am i the only one...

so how many people are having problems running the s4 smoothly on a pc? The cpu meter keeps spiking every so often

yes i have disabled anything that coupld possibly effect it , tried everything from NI forums. S4 is at this point not usable for a live performance

sony vaio
    4gb ram
    2.0 ghz i3
    windows 7 64bit

Tech Mentor

I have had a few problems but I am running a P8600 2.4ghz cpu. Nothing as bad as you though.

My problems mostly were from accessing music on my network. GET A MAC! thats what I am doing!

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I'm seeing quiet a few people talk about problems with PC's and S when TPro worked fine. I'm also seeing some people saying when they use a separate sound card the problems go away. That seems to pint to maybe a driver issue so hopefully that'll work.

Even a Mac can have problems if your accessing music on your network while using Traktor. Best bet is to put it on your hard drive and play off it.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

yup im going with the idea the driver is corrupt. hopefully Ni steps up and fixes it.

Tech Wizard

There are some problems with windows on some laptops, almost everyone i know who got S4 and have a laptop with windows, cant get S4 to gigs yet, because they always have audio drops outs and high cpu load =/.

I guess they ill fix it soon....in mac that things doesnt happen, everything running smoth on my 13".

NI Technical forum is hot right now, people are very upset, and to be honest i understand them, a product should work without need to disable things in a computer to make it works good, even doing that the problem still there.

yeah , i am one of those heated people also lol. no offense but ... i mean the product was introduced a long time ago and has been in beta testings since then... did they forget to test it on pc? haha

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    I'm seeing quiet a few people talk about problems with PC's and S when TPro worked fine. I'm also seeing some people saying when they use a separate sound card the problems go away. That seems to pint to maybe a driver issue so hopefully that'll work.

Even a Mac can have problems if your accessing music on your network while using Traktor. Best bet is to put it on your hard drive and play off it.
    While it just might be a driver issue, I'm wondering if it's coupled with a usb issue. When you run a separate sound card on another usb, the load must be reduced on the USB that the S4 is connected to right? If I were a user having problems with the S4 on a PC I'd MAKE SURE the USB connection you're using is free of other things running on it. ie keyboard & track pad or camera. Anything that would impede the bus speed.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

doesn't TP and TPS cache a track when loaded to a deck? So working off a network share should be no issue. My MBP works flawlessly with TPS and S4, loading tracks from an NFS share over 802.11n. I'll try shutting down my NIC while loading a track into TPS and see if she crashes.

Tech Mentor

i came across this problem as well LIVE at my gig at ecco lounge hollywood last night. sound kept dropping out then engages back 2 seconds later.. probably happened about 4-6x during my 1hr set. i never had a problem with the vci-100/traktor pro 1.2.5 setup.

i have freshly formatted and all drivers up to date..
    hp elitebook 8530w
    3.06 ghz
    4gigs ram
    win7 64bit

although people said i rocked a good set! :eek:

Tech Wizard

Works fine for me, I'll only get a few pops and clicks when I've got my wireless turned on.

Lenovo T500 core 2 duo P8400 @ 2.2ghz and 1gb ram.

I turned off my AV as well as anything else I didn't need.

Thing is it's easy to cater to Macs as they are very uniform in their components and drivers. Windows based laptops however :-/

Anyone having these issues tried a powered usb hub?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast