Barely Used Traktor Kontrol S4 for sale :-( - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

That sucks, hope you get back on your feet.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

If he returns it, he will have to pay a 15% re-stocking fee. Stupid as hell imo. Smarter to sell it on the forums, especially with the warranty. I'd just ask GC if the warranty is transferrable.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by natebehe View Post
    I'm pretty sure they told me at GC since the software is specific and new that it's like opening a DVD, you can't return it once it's been open and used
    lol... nah you can definitely return it, its only been 2 weeks, its nothing like a dvd, you cant burn a copy of it. tell them that the jogwheel keeps fucking up on you or something, something that wont happen 100% of the time, and if they say no, talk to the manager and slap the old "ill go to the attorney general's office of exchanges and see what they think then have a nice day"

but in all honesty, ive been in tight money situations before, and ive sold my personal belongings for money in those times, but ive definitely learned that it is not worth it for that little bit of money that you are going to piss thru anyways... once you have that new job you are really going to regret getting rid of it ya know? you're gonna be kicking yourself.. try to get some gigs with it! or otherwise, just tough out the money situation and find yourself some income as fast as you can! dont do something you'll regret!

Quote Originally Posted by Coldfuzion View Post
    If he returns it, he will have to pay a 15% re-stocking fee. Stupid as hell imo. Smarter to sell it on the forums, especially with the warranty. I'd just ask GC if the warranty is transferrable.
    if you talk to a company calmly yet firmly about things you can get a lot, i doubt, highly doubt he will have to pay a restocking fee, if its "faulty" then thats something he has no control over, you get charged a restocking fee because a company is going to re sell something you bought and opened and they cant sell an opened product at full price... but if you return something faulty then they wont re sell it, and a restocking fee is out of the question

Quote Originally Posted by dj pFunk View Post
    if you talk to a company calmly yet firmly about things you can get a lot, i doubt, highly doubt he will have to pay a restocking fee, if its "faulty" then thats something he has no control over, you get charged a restocking fee because a company is going to re sell something you bought and opened and they cant sell an opened product at full price... but if you return something faulty then they wont re sell it, and a restocking fee is out of the question

http://gc.guitarcenter.com/financing/30_30.cfm

There is definitely a re-stocking fee. You can talk to them and try to get it waived, you may or may not be successful. As for the software usage itself, i'm sure they wont let you just return it without getting a replacement one or something of that sort. Especially since there is a CD-key involved in it.

Could be wrong though, good luck man!

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

My money's on the fact that the drummer working behind the DJ counter is going to know there's even software in that box. If it were software package then you might have a problem. To them the S4 is just a DJ mixer.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Wizard

I feel your pain man, I had to sell my Tech 1200s, mixer, Microkorg and MPC2000XL years ago to pay for school (I think I bought a new guitar amp too though so it wasn't all bad), but on the bright side now that I'm almost ready to get back into the scene there's all this new wonderful gear (Maschine & S4 are on the top of my list). Hopefully GC will take the S4 back without too much hassle and everything works out.

Thoughts are with ya bro'!

Good luck!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Man I remember being in a tight spot once and I almost had to sell my prized lappy. It was damn tough but I tried to do everythiing else before I sold it, and luckily I made a plan and managed to hold onto it.

My best advice is try everthing and anything not to sell it. If you have no cash for bread, and milk, and beatport, then and only then try to sell it. You wont regret it later mate. Cheers.
    2013 MBPr 13" | X1 mk2 | TSP 2 | A6 | DJM 900 nexus | HD 25 UBER Aluminum's | Technics sl1210 mk2's | Logic Pro 9

Bump :-)
    Macbook 13' ~ Kontrol S4 ~ HDJ-500s ~ Traktor Pro S4

http://soundcloud.com/djnastynate87

@natebehe

post some pics mate... check your pm...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast