S4 Jog Wheel Solutions- Recalibrate and Replace - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

i went to pick up my s4 today at GC and they hadnt opened up the demo unit yet so the employee did it while i was there. funny thing is, one of the platters was already dangling off straight out of the box. needless to say for a split second i thought about not buying it but once that bad boy was powered up and running, i quickly pulled out my wallet, ready to pay for the one they had in stock. no regrets!

Tech Convert

Any tips or hints anybody? Still not able to get my jog wheel calibrated... :-(

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Try removing the plate and putting it back on. If that doesn't work I would try reinstalling software fresh. If that doesn't work it sounds like you may have a defective unit. Did you buy it in a retail store or order it?
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Convert

Hi again,

I've tried removing the plate and reinstalled Traktor again, but still no success. Same results every time, so it seems like I have to return the unit unfortunately...

I live in Norway and I've ordered it from DJ TT, so I believe I have to wait a couple of weeks before I have a new unit to play with.
    Allen&Heath Xone:92 / CDJ1000 mk3 / sl1210 / Traktor Scratch Pro / Maschine / Kontrol X1 / Kontrol S4

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Contact the sore. I'm not sure how they're handling returns.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Wizard

I have the same problem as djboe. I just received it today and I live in the Netherlands. I do not want to return it and wait for another damn month.....

Tech Wizard

I also live in Norway and returned my S4 2 weeks ago. Same problem as the others. No amount of recalibration, replacing the jogs, re-installing the software or using the controller editor solved my jog issue. I work on a Mac and have no problem running TSP without any drop outs or other issues. Thank god for pre-ordering.....though.... soon december and no S4 in my house

In 1 of 4 gigs I played I had the described problem with the freeze with the right jogwheel, but after one or two reboots it always worked again. Now the issue is on the left jogwheel, and thereīs no possibility to fix it. Recalibrating fails everytime. Reboot doesnīt change anything.
    The unit came with unfixed jogwheel plates, thatīs why I knew how they can be removed - thatīs the only way to work with the crashed hardware, if the plates lay unfixed on the wheel. The correct fixed position and a total remove of the plates cause a freeze. As far as I can imagine thereīs a huge problem with the photo cells what are probably for a movement detection positioned in the middle of the jogwheels.

I played 162 gigs last year and I will work with professional equipment and not play with trash. With regard to the image every businessman or company in the world has two types of consumers: ambassadors or terrorists. If NI wants more of the last and ruin their good image of support, they should go on with their behavior. Nearly three months on the market with the S4 and the problem and still no statement. This is totally unacceptable in my opinion.

I promise: If they wonīt help within a week, I change to Serato. Thatīs the last straw!
    Maybe someone knows how to fix the problem? I like the S4, but NI seems to be a f... company.
    NI Kontrol S4 | 2 Vestax VCI-300 | NI Audio8 | NI Audio2 | MacBook Pro 2.8 | MacBook Pro 2.53 |
    iMac 27 3.06 | iPad | Sennheiser HD-25 | Shure SM-58
    S4: 1.01 | TPro: 1.2.6 | OS X: 10.6.6

Tech Convert

Exclamation Right jog wheel counter-clockwise issue

Hello Everyone,

I am not a hundred percent sure that I post this message in the correct thread. I ordered my Traktor S4 from DJTechTools.com and while it seemed to be working just fine, for some reason I experience a problem with the right jog wheel, even after multiple re-calibrations. The issue I got is affecting the counter-clockwise rotation, I cannot navigate properly in my loaded song nor modify anything with the jog wheel.

I'm running Traktor S4 v1.0.1 on Windows 7 x64.

Thank you for your help!

Tech Convert

I accidentally spilled a sip of Dr. Pepper on my S4 and it landed on the platter and it seems a drop or two sunk down into the jog wheel. Is there anyway I could take the jog wheel off then recalibrate it?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast