S4 Jog Wheel Solutions- Recalibrate and Replace - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snadbad View Post
    I accidentally spilled a sip of Dr. Pepper on my S4 and it landed on the platter and it seems a drop or two sunk down into the jog wheel. Is there anyway I could take the jog wheel off then recalibrate it?
    Did it get under the plate or under the side of the jog wheel? If it's just the plate you can remove the opposite of how I say in the video. If it's gotten underneath the jog I'm not sure what you can do short of taking the whole unit apart and I know nothing about how to do that.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Convert

Well it was only a drop or two that got underneath the jog and only a drop or two that got under the platter. Basically it was like 1 sip's worth that spilled and landed on the platter and in a few other places which were easily cleaned up. When you say remove the opposite do you mean just twisting it clockwise while holding it down?

yes
    Chris Jennings FHP

Tech Convert

Worked like a charm! Thanks so much for all your help. Just touched a little wet bounty on the contacts wiped it off and everything is great.

That's great. I will admit I thought you were screwed. :eek:
    Chris Jennings FHP

Tech Convert

Yeah haha, when I said one sip, that's really what I meant. It wasn't much at all and the majority of it was quickly absorbed by the super quicker picker upper bounty so, the day is saved. Thanks again for your help!

Tech Wizard

Default all of a sudden.....

my right jog wheel wont scratch or calibrate.... everything about the s4 was perfect since christmas eve when it arrived.... i cut and loop and scratch all the time and now as i mentioned right jog wheel wont scratch and the play button doesnt work... tryed calibrate and it made it to 6oclock and then erorred out....
    any suggestons...
    15" MacBook pro, traktor s4!!!!!!!

Tech Student

Had a long dialogue with NI explaining that the left jog wheel was not working but after resting for 18 hours or so the wheel would respond with no adjustments to the software preferences.

This was an intermittent problem that NI initially put down to calibration, I'd already tried to recalibrate when playing to an audience and the S4 would still not respond.

3 weeks later I videod the defected S4 in action and only when I uploaded the video to Youtube and email a link did they accept that the unit was faulty.

Poor returns policy as I had to pay standard shipping back to Germany that they only repay through Paypal who took a good cut on my original fee leaving me having to pay NI for the privilege of fixing a defected unit that they sold me.

What makes matters worse is that when I got the S4 back last Friday the problematic left jog wheel was not attached to the base unit, it sloshing about in the box that I'd used to return the S4.

All in all, VERY poor customer service. No acceptance of potential product failure and when it was accepted by video evidence I had to pay, find a shipping office and eventually end up out of pocket through no fault of my own.

Not good enough NI.

Quality product when it works but you need to sort out your returns policy, accept that there's a problem and organise a courier to pick up from a point that is convenient to your customer and not put the onus on the customer.

I got to try an S4 at GC and had my wallet ready.... APC40 looked purrdier
    /人◕‿‿◕人\
    --Its not the OS, It's the user--

Soooo did anyone ever figure out the issue with the jog wheel stoping playback? My left wheel is fine, but most of the time when I try to scratch with the jog wheel it stops the song and to get it to play again I have to tap the right plate a few times.. It started a few weeks after I got the S4. Its not bad enough to send back, but a little annoying
    13" Mbp i7 | TMA-1 | Tech 1200's | RANE TTM-57 | NI Audio 4 | Kontrol S4 | F1 | KrK Rokit 5s

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast