S4 Jog Wheel Solutions- Recalibrate and Replace - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by djboe View Post
    If I touch the jog wheel, the music stops playing but I don't get the proper "scratch" sound and I am not able to scroll within the track.

When I touch the jog wheel and try to spin it, the track cursor do not move. It seems like I'm unable to get the tempo indicator for that track to go faster than 15-20 BPM (on the other deck it spins up to 600-700 BPM) same with the pitch indicator, even if i spin the jog wheel it won't get under -80%. The pitch slider for that deck drops all the way as it do on the other deck.

This is PRECISELY what I've been happening, only it only occurs intermittently. Everyone else has been able to describe it better than me, it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by djboe View Post
    If I touch the jog wheel, the music stops playing but I don't get the proper "scratch" sound and I am not able to scroll within the track.

When I touch the jog wheel and try to spin it, the track cursor do not move. It seems like I'm unable to get the tempo indicator for that track to go faster than 15-20 BPM (on the other deck it spins up to 600-700 BPM) same with the pitch indicator, even if i spin the jog wheel it won't get under -80%. The pitch slider for that deck drops all the way as it do on the other deck.

Does it look anything like this?

I've been having this problems since getting an S4mk1 last November. I got tired of it in the end and bought a new S2 mk2 (which is what I was used to before and solves my mic problems for my radio show and all the rest of it). I want to figure out what's going on though, so I can get rid of it in good faith. Expensive dead weight, otherwise.

There is no way I would attempt to play with that in a club. This started happening about a fortnight before one of the biggest gigs of my life last year, and I actually lost sleep and took a day off work over it, I bullshit you not.

I've just put in a long ticket to NI a minute ago, with those youtube clips attached, and will see if they say anything useful.

Angry help

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalFist View Post

Does it look anything like this?

I've been having this problems since getting an S4mk1 last November. I got tired of it in the end and bought a new S2 mk2 (which is what I was used to before and solves my mic problems for my radio show and all the rest of it). I want to figure out what's going on though, so I can get rid of it in good faith. Expensive dead weight, otherwise.

There is no way I would attempt to play with that in a club. This started happening about a fortnight before one of the biggest gigs of my life last year, and I actually lost sleep and took a day off work over it, I bullshit you not.

I've just put in a long ticket to NI a minute ago, with those youtube clips attached, and will see if they say anything useful.

So did anyone find a fix for this
    i can't use my right jog wheel at all

Default jog wheel

Dose anyone know how to fix the jog wheel problem with the S4
    re calibrated, reset , reinstalled , up dated , took apart and cleaned
    still can't get it to work

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345