Is there any controller that is like just a jog wheel?? or sumtin.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Is there any controller that is like just a jog wheel?? or sumtin.

I have 2 midi fighters and a mixer and my setup right now, and i feel the need to have some kind of job wheel. However, i dont wanna buy some whole controller cause that would be a little unnecessary.

So if there is any controller that is like just a jog wheel? or if i could buy one? please lemme know

Thanks guys!

I just got my two midi fighters today! woo! haha

Anyway, It seems that Ean Golden preps all his tracks with load markers so there isnt really any need for cueing up while mixing, just load the track and it starts where he deems it starts. One day, I may have my shit together enough to execute this type of workflow. However, that isnt the case for the immediate future.

As I ramble on some more,

I think that there is space on the deckilized mapping to fit in some jog-wheel-like scrolling action.

I will be attempting it tomorrow to see how it goes but I'll keep you posted.

Essentially what I plan to do is use the shift buttons while the midi fighter isnt in juggle mode to change the temp and pitch bend to scrolls or beat jumps or something. So when I'm load up a track thats new I can scroll through the track like you would a jog wheel. Now I should be able to perform this type function more intuitively .

Now I was only just thinking this in the last half hour or so. I may have missed something that prevents this action but I will find out tomorrow.

If I have any success I will share it!

Good luck with it

Pork

Ok awesome! thanks! but yeah, because i saw that ean did that. I mean if i were to make a set i may do something like that, but if im just at a friends house party or something i wanna be able to scroll at will. Your idea does sound pretty good though, cause it would better if i didnt have to buy more stuff! haha Being able to use a job wheel would just be a little better though, just because of the ease of just turning a wheel.

But thanks for the idea with the midi fighter though! deffinatly post here if you figure anything out, that would be great

I dunno if I had two midi fighters I'd think press a couple buttons would be easier then the extra prep going into another piece of gear. haha its all good!

Maybe you should check out the stanton scs 3d.

Its has pretty deadly jog wheel function (well its capable)

It uses extra software. Id take it and run a generic preset on darouter and map it to your specs. The guys over at the stanton forum have a cool .tsi made so when you switch the function on and you touch the platter it jumps to the last cue-point set. You can flip doubles without having to wind the track back up. Well I guess its the same concept as the dicer and the turntable. Sort of.

Yeah, something like that would be nice, but just not worth the money because all i really want is the job wheel :/ Sounds good, but its just tooo much money, and has a lot of thing on it that the midi fighters will already do with the deckalized mapping.

O well, maybe i'll find something for pretty cheap or somethin. i'll let you know here if i do!

I found one thing that would be perfect! except that it really looks like a piece of crap...... its the DJ-Tech VTT-101, and is very simple which is what i would want, but like.... its from the people who made the dj mouse thing..... ugh. o well

http://www.skratchworx.com/news3/comments.php?id=1385

If you just want to cue, and not really scratch there are a couple options....

The Contour ShuttleXpress...
    http://retail.contourdesign.com/?/products/22

or the Griffin Powermate....
    http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/powermate

Tech Mentor

maybe the djtech cdj 101, it's just a jog wheel and pitch fader and i think 2 buttons but looks kinda cheap (well, it is under 100$...)

edit: has anyone seen a review of these? i might pick up a pair to learn beatmatching on them instead of a way more expensive DVS system...
    Last edited by Ashigari; 11-15-2010 at 05:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashigari View Post
    maybe the djtech cdj 101, it's just a jog wheel and pitch fader and i think 2 buttons but looks kinda cheap (well, it is under 100$...)

edit: has anyone seen a review of these? i might pick up a pair to learn beatmatching on them instead of a way more expensive DVS system...
    My guess is that it uses 7-bit midi signals, which makes it difficult to beat match on. Think of a midi signal as 127 steps, with 7-bit midi you can only move 1 step a time, so you end up jumping quite a bit for each small movement on the fader. Not to mention that the fader seems rather small, so each slight movement will cause around atleast a 1 bpm jump, which will make it really difficult.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast