Newbie here, Hello!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Newbie here, Hello!

Hello folks,

First of all (and I know you have heard it before) what a great forum! I have only been a member for around 48hrs but I have been reading through as many threads as possible and doing my homework on the VCI100.

I have been DJ-in for 8 years now and had some small gig's and bar work while I was at uni and plenty of bedroom mixing time. Sadly my deck time has been cut dramatically now that I work offshore on an oil tanker but the months at a time I am home now I am planning to get stuck back in.

My current set up is a pair of Denon DNS3500's hooked up to a fairly simple DNX300 mixer with a set of 1210's gathering dust in the corner (I dont think I have had them running in about 18 months). My decks see a wide variety of tunes ranging from techno to electro and I am a self confessed Slam and Silcone Soul nut as I originate and stay in Glasgow!

I stumbled across this site by accident and now am I glad I did. I must say I scout through the DJ gear pages of many sites and mags because I am a total gear head and always sidestepped MIDI gear but after watching and reading what can be done with the VCI100 I had to buy one so around 6 hours ago the deed was done and I should have one sitting in my house waiting for my return on the 28th January.

I am sure I wont be disappointed! I just wish time would hurry up!

I hope you enjoy your first steps into a totally new world
    Welcome to DJTT !

Like B said, enjoy!

And ofcourse don't be a stranger. in case of questions, just ask. (There are no dumb questions etc etc.)
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Welcome, also :-) Don't hesitate to ask questions, or make fun of Tekki. We all do it
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Welcome aboard skipper! Harrrr! Hope you enjoy your stay! And hey, get Traktor Pro scratch pro and utilize those 1210's again!

/Da Captain

Thanks for the welcome folks.

I am itching to get my hands on my VCI100!

Which is the best version of Trakor 3 to acquire? I have been reading through threads about the different TSI files available for different versions.
    Last edited by 14N-FR; 12-05-2008 at 09:07 PM.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Well, people are up in the air, but I really enjoy Traktor Pro. If you are going to get anything, I'd say get that.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post
    Well, people are up in the air, but I really enjoy Traktor Pro. If you are going to get anything, I'd say get that.
    Yeah it would be cheaper and much better off in the long run, if you use a version of traktor 3 then you have to learn that, then relearn the midi setup again when you upgrade to Tpro - you wont even get to reuse your existing midi mappings because Tpro isnt backwards compatible.

Tech Convert

Hey, welcome! im a newbie here too and i really enjoy posting threads here! people here are really nice and spend time on replying threads! Im a techno Dj as well, but I am struggling in hip hop or techno djing, or maybe both? lol anwyayz, nice to meet u here! cheerz

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast