Headphones for those of us that have an oversized grape
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Headphones for those of us that have an oversized grape

So yeah, I've been told I'd need a parachute for a wave cap, a rake for a comb etc etc, so I really need a pair of quality headphones for a large headed individual (it's not supersized, and I'm blessed because I've got a pretty big frame so it looks really proportional to my body, but 7 7/8 is a problem. Anyone else have a big head and a good pair of headphones that work for ya. Thanks

Ok, after measuring about 61 cm:eek:, I use the xone xd53, Nice headphone big. Only disadvantage Wearing it for hours it gives some pressure to the ears. Before i had the akg 181 dj headphone, Fits nicely too, good sound, but break very easily and the headphone wire is not that solid to. Wouldn't recommend it.

Well, anyhow good luck with the search.

Thomas

You could try looking at the HDJ 2000's, I heard that they arent to small, and I've heard the the TMA 1's have quite a loose fit so either one might just work for you.
    2013 MBPr 13" | X1 mk2 | TSP 2 | A6 | DJM 900 nexus | HD 25 UBER Aluminum's | Technics sl1210 mk2's | Logic Pro 9

You know, I'm in the same boat as you.

My buddy has the Xone: 53's. And he complains about them being large. For me though? They fit fine.

I was pretty well set on a pair of HD 25-1 II's, but then I was reading reviews about how they fit "snug" on people with smaller skulls.

So honestly as Christmas is nearing, and my wife already said she'd get me a pair of headphones... I'm looking at the AIAIAI's. They are supposedly a bit larger, and stylish to boot.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

I got the same thing regarding headsize. Already got a headache from wearing the HD25 for no longer than 5 minutes.

I am going to try the Pioneer HDJ500s next week. Hoping these will do the trick better.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I'm the other way around. Ultrasone's are a bit to big for me. Really should try the HD25's I guess.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

I've got a decent sized head, 7 1/2 - 5/8, depending on how much hair I have on my head at the time and the HD-25s are too small for me, they kill my ears which in turn gives me a headache. My buddy ordered a pair of TMA-1s a few weeks ago and I got to try them a few nights ago; well, as soon as I got home I logged onto djtt and bought them, they sound really good to me and they fit my head, plus they look and feel awesome.
    MacBook Pro (2.66 i7| 8GB RAM| 500 GB 7200 RPM) | Ableton 8 Suite | Logic Pro 9 | Kontrol S4 | AIAIAI TMA-1 | Akai MPK 25 | Apogee Duet 2 | KRK RP5s

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhitedope View Post
    I've got a decent sized head, 7 1/2 - 5/8, depending on how much hair I have on my head at the time and the HD-25s are too small for me, they kill my ears which in turn gives me a headache. My buddy ordered a pair of TMA-1s a few weeks ago and I got to try them a few nights ago; well, as soon as I got home I logged onto djtt and bought them, they sound really good to me and they fit my head, plus they look and feel awesome.
    15" i7 MBP | Kontrol S4 | AIAIAI TMA-1 | Akai LPK 25 & LPD 8

Nice little setup you got there greatwhitedope.

Quote Originally Posted by solutionsagent View Post
    15" i7 MBP | Kontrol S4 | AIAIAI TMA-1 | Akai LPK 25 & LPD 8

Nice little setup you got there greatwhitedope.
    Haha thanks, it's college living that's keeping me from sprawling out with a nice dvs set on top of that, plus a bigger keyboard and maschine for ableton and logic.
    MacBook Pro (2.66 i7| 8GB RAM| 500 GB 7200 RPM) | Ableton 8 Suite | Logic Pro 9 | Kontrol S4 | AIAIAI TMA-1 | Akai MPK 25 | Apogee Duet 2 | KRK RP5s

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhitedope View Post
    Haha thanks, it's college living that's keeping me from sprawling out with a nice dvs set on top of that, plus a bigger keyboard and maschine for ableton and logic.
    Lol, well I'm not in collegs and I still cant afford your kit. I'm still waiting for the $$$ to start coming in from gigging, and then hopefully my sig will say something similair to yours.

Also about the TMA's, the HD 25's are a good fit for me, so if thats the case then maybe the TMA's might be to big for my head? I tried the HD's once and they were great, but now I'm torn between these and the TMA's. I dont wanna get the TMA's and then find that they to big for my head.
    2013 MBPr 13" | X1 mk2 | TSP 2 | A6 | DJM 900 nexus | HD 25 UBER Aluminum's | Technics sl1210 mk2's | Logic Pro 9

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast