Fader FX Freezes
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Fader FX Freezes

Ok, so I have been delaying myself from getting the 1.4 firmware upgrade because I bought my VCI-100SE right before the release of the firmware. I wanted to learn as much as I can before I get hit with anything new. Anyways, here's my problem:

I have recently been messin' around with all the different ways to use all the effects and when I use the Fader FX button (function) below the juggle buttons, I can mess around with all the effects as shown on the mapping part 2 video. However, if I use this FX option for longer than...idk, 1 min longest.....everything freezes and the music cannot be stopped until i close the program. I would go crazy if that happened to me on a live set!

If I upgrade the firmware to the 1.4, will that fix my problem?

Thanks

Tech Wizard

hi
    same thing happens to me, the program freezes up and a very annoying loud buzzing noise is made. I have always wondered why this happens maybe someone knows? is it Latency?

A tip though for you, there is no need to shut traktor down, the problem is related to the vci because wen you turn the vci off when it happens the music continues to play

Twenty First Century Jukebox

DIGITAL HEART - VINYL SOUL

Same here. It only happens when I use right side of the deck though. I suspect the vol fader is the culprit, as it always happens when I use it.

Please, any suggestions?

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I had Fader FX freeze on me a few times, but it never locked anything up. I never saw the problem in 1.4, but I only used the VCI for about a month with 1.4 on it before selling it for an S4.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Mentor

@OP:

You may not have enough RAM in your computer. What are the specs on your comp?

I've had this happen before and It Isn't the VCI-100 thats your problem. Its the computer.

To put it bluntly. Playing a couple of songs and mixing them doesn't use up much CPU. When you add FX and multiple decks you'll start to notice and huge difference. Your latency may spike and Traktor may stall up because you aren't running enough RAM.

Try running less programs along with Traktor (If your running any) and you'll notice a difference.

Also whats your audio latency set at?

PS: Sorry for the slow response. Didn't notice this thread until today :-(.

Tech Mentor

@Sivesgaard

One side of your deck shouldn't lock up. Chances are your in the same situation as theifascome and 1878blues.

Your controller is acting as a keyboard just to Traktor. So most of your problems are going to be with your computer. Unless that is you've dropped your VCI-100 recently or some other form of physical abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnv View Post
    @Sivesgaard

One side of your deck shouldn't lock up. Chances are your in the same situation as theifascome and 1878blues.

Your controller is acting as a keyboard just to Traktor. So most of your problems are going to be with your computer. Unless that is you've dropped your VCI-100 recently or some other form of physical abuse.
    It ONLY happens when I use right vol fader. And it stops, as soon as I unplug the VCI-100, and the music plays on. I've worked as an PC supporter for years, and it sure doesn't seem like a computer problem.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Sivesgaard View Post
    It ONLY happens when I use right vol fader. And it stops, as soon as I unplug the VCI-100, and the music plays on. I've worked as an PC supporter for years, and it sure doesn't seem like a computer problem.
    Have you done any trouble shooting? (Loose usb cable..etc)

Is this only happening when your in faders FX?

Your going to have to be more specific.

If you'be done some trouble shooting and you still think its the faders try cleaning it.

http://www.djtechtools.com/2010/08/1...ers-jog-wheel/

PS: I'm not trying to demean your knowledge of computers. Just trying to help.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

It's most likely a combination of the LED commands in the TSI and PC's innate inability to handle lots of incoming midi messages. I seriously doubt it's an issue with the VCI or your computer alone. You can try to use Drew's program here to see if that helps.

http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17497
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by 1878blues View Post
    hi
    same thing happens to me, the program freezes up and a very annoying loud buzzing noise is made. I have always wondered why this happens maybe someone knows? is it Latency?

A tip though for you, there is no need to shut traktor down, the problem is related to the vci because wen you turn the vci off when it happens the music continues to play
    Did you ever get this problem fixed?
    I found a compatible DC 9V adaptor thinking it would help with at least using a different power source other than just the usb cable; problem still exists. Standing there not being able to touch the effects is getting boring.

@ Johnny -- to your previous problem, how much RAM did you need to beef up your computer? Programs and processes or off and I only have traktor running with 3GB's of RAM and a 2.4 GHz Intel2 Quad processor. Anything else that could be sucking up juice would be my Audio 2 dj.

Thanks guys.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast