Trigger Finger Mapping Help

Default Trigger Finger Mapping Help

I just got started with Ableton using a trigger finger. My problem is that the top and bottom 8 pads only register as one key, so instead of having 16 pads I essentially have 2. I tried adding different CCs to each pad in Enigma and still have the same problem. I also tried the Ableton presets. Maybe it has to do with the channels being used because the top register as channel 10 and the bottom as channel 11. Has anyone else come across this problem? All the other nobs and faders work fine.

Thanks in advance

Tech Wizard

which pre-set are you on?

Ableton p-10

I had the same problem for a bit as well.

Although this was only on the higher numbered presets.
    I would say use enigma and start laying out your own presets that suit your Ableton Template(s).

Obviously to mind the channels you are using if you have other Midi gear attached.

If you are using a Mac, I would also suggest looking into two apps
    Midistroke and controlAid

both of which will help out with adding Midi Routing and Browser Control for Ableton.
    MacBook Pro 2.53ghz . iMac 2.6ghrz . Compaq 2.4ghrz . Berhinger A5OD Reference Amp . Berhinger Ultra Graph Pro . Behringer Truth B1030A Monitors . Stanton FS Open . Native Instruments Maschine . Numark Mixdeck . TraktorLE . Vestax VCI-100 . Behringer UMX-25 . M-Audio Trigger Finger . . Ableton Live 8 . Reason 5 . Logic 9 Express .

I'd put the TF into program 16, as that just sends basic MIDI data that seems best for TS or any other custom MIDI control.

Tech Wizard

in ableton, the automap only registers with preset bank 1.
    if you change banks, it will not work for automap such as always controlling the displayed drum rack and automatically mapping the 8 knobs to the blue hand.

the reason that the T-10 setting isn't working for you is because it is designed to be used for 2 instances of simpler; one on one channel and one on the other. simpler maps to the same 8 keys in every instance, so in order to get 16 different samples, two simpler instances must be used.

s.