Multiplexers and the Midi Fighter. . .

Default Multiplexers and the Midi Fighter. . .

Hey guys. . .

I'm such a n00b at all this, but I'm getting interested in making 2 of these for my own set-up and gigs. . .I do have a few questions that pertain expanding the Midi Fighter.

Been on here for a while, and I'm planning on making my own custom arcade controller based off of the customer midi fighters galore blogpost (http://www.djtechtools.com/2010/09/1...ter/#more-7853). I understand that out of the box the MF can support 4 digital and 4 analog, and with multiplexers, I can add more. I'm thinking of adding a LED graph bar to my own set-up, and adding a few more things here and there, but the questions I have are minor in respect to what I know (which is minimal!). . but lemme go ahead and ask away. . .

1) Out of the box, is it possible to add this LED Light bar graph? (http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/pro...oducts_id=9937). . .I'm thinking of adding it to a slide pot for effects, but I have a feeling it's a no "not without losing an digital/analog point", but I would like confirmation on it so I can just keep a single LED instead.

2) If I decide on a multiplexor, which one should I look into? I'm looking into this one http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/pro...oducts_id=9056. . but since the MF itself isn't Arduino, I'm thinking I might be over my head on this one. . . .

any help would be INVALUABLE in my research and whatnot. . .again, I'm a total n00b at this, so bear that in mind. . .

Thanks in advance to ANYONE that has answers for me. . .

**EDIT**
    I may have placed this topic in the wrong forum. . .Mods - if need be, please feel free to move this over to the appropriate areas. . . .Thank you again!
    Last edited by DjWindzOne; 11-02-2010 at 05:47 PM.

anyone?

Nobody? Really?

I still dunno where to start, nor do I have anyone to help me out on this. . .

So. . .I guess this is a no. . . . .

maybe post this in the midifighter discussion forum? sorry dude.. i dont know a damn thing bout midifighters...

my initial reaction is if your after a larger setup and your building completely from scratch and want the option to add things like the LED bar graph, id go for the Arduino straight out!

its stupidly cheap for what its capable of and hugely flexible, BUT does involve learning some code, there is however a huge amount of information on the Arduino source code, specifically in regards to it 'outputting' MIDI to your computer,

as for the LED bar graph in conjunction with the MF, it wont work because itll need a digital pin for each of the LED segments, you could build a little something offboard for the bar graph that meant it took an analouge input and acted as a sort of ammeter, (same theory as the LED connected to one pin of a pot - gets brighter as you turn the knob up because the current gets stronger)

hope some of that is useful
    woof

@Etch
    Thanks man. . .I figure that. . .and this was posted some time ago. . I went looking into it, and saw that it just won't work. . .Ah well. .

I've been neglecting DJTT due to work/new GF/gigs. . .Once again, DJTT's keeps me in check!

ah only a month so i thought might be worth a reply,

im about to start building my arduino controller, so will post build log on here somehwere, might be of interest, might not!

and yea know what you mean,
    woof