Hercules rmx with turntables?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Student

Default Hercules rmx with turntables?

I currently have a rmx and I use it with Traktor Pro. I wanted to upgrade and use turntables with my rmx. Can I get any suggestions on what my setup should be like? wich turntables should i get? should i upgrade to traktor scratch or should I go back to virtual dj? or should i just forget about using turntables with my rmx?

Tech Guru

I'm not of any help but i want to do the same thing.

Have the RMX and running VDJ, once i have the space i will be adding turntables using the RMX as an interface.

I think it's an attractive setup tbh, and i like the idea of VDJ not having to be tied to any particular timecodes etc.

go to djforums.com and ask these questions..... ur in the mod section for controllers dude. anyways ur either going to have to do scratch pro if u want to use ur TT. get any good technics 1200 series. there go for around $500 for a pair used. then u might want to think about geting some shure m44-7 heads and needles depending on what u get with ur TT. u can go with other TT but they arnt like technics. just stick with direct drive TT dont get a belt driven TT

then buy the time coded TT vinyls and scratch.

if u want to use the 2 deck setup controlled by ur rmx u would simply ground ur TT on the back of the rmx. that what those silver grounding post are on the back of the rmx is for. then plug ur TT into input 1 and 2 i dont own an rmx but somewhere there has to be a switch to switch the rmx from using the music on ur computer to the input.

if ur going to try and do a 4 deck setup ull need to get a 4 channel mixer

channel 1 and 2 for the rmx and 3 and 4 for the turntables or however u want to set it up. select which 2 channels u want to use if u want to use the crossfader on the mixer. i would imagine u would set it for the turntable channels. then either u can keep the channel faders and gains up on either the rmx or the mixer which ever one u want to use to have to final input out into the speakers.

so if u wanted to use the rmx with its gain and channel faders and cross faders u would leave the mixer channel faders and gains all the way up visa versa
    Last edited by xsmooth69x; 11-15-2010 at 04:19 AM.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by xsmooth69x View Post
    somewhere there has to be a switch to switch the rmx from using the music on ur computer to the input.
    Yeah there is a source button for each deck to switch between line input.

yup u got this. where u going to do a 2 or 4 deck setup

Tech Guru

When i do it i'll probably use 4 decks, 2 controlled at a time with RMX + Lpd8, then toggle between dvs/rmx, mainly just so i can have songs cued and an instant backup should the vinyl fail.

go to djforums.com and ask these questions.....
    djforums.com is down for now
    Dj F.a.R.h.A.n
    hip hop, house, reggaeton, dancehall, afrobeats, and international.

Quote Originally Posted by farhanashraf View Post
    djforums.com is down for now
    ya i noticed that..... do u know whats going on? just basic maintenance right they arnt permanently down are they?

Tech Guru

ya i noticed that..... do u know whats going on? just basic maintenance right they arnt permanently down are they?
    Webhost probably being a dick. Maintenance isn't normally 3-4 days...

Dj F.a.R.h.A.n
    hip hop, house, reggaeton, dancehall, afrobeats, and international.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast