Custom modding a Midi Fighter
    Tech Mentor

Default Custom modding a Midi Fighter

So they have 8 extra inputs on them. Has anyone custom modded theirs? I'm thinking of getting one, and was totally inspired by Ean's video of his custom controller. I've been thinking of some really sick stuff to do with it. Couple questions though - super faders: is it a regular fader hooked up to multiple inputs for extra fun? Also, he mentioned digital and analog inputs, what are the difference between them? (I'm new to the modding game).

The super fader is actually a firmware mod, that uses 1 input but sends out several midi messages.
    As for analog and digital inputs. Analog is for faders/knobs, digital is for buttons.

Tech Mentor

Oh, gotcha. Thanks. Do you know if it's easy to mod the firmware for the Midifighter or does it come with that capability?

I don't think any firmware mod is easy, unless you have experience in that kind of thing.
    Here's a post on it....
    http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11511

And here's the source forge project page....
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/midifighter/files/

You might want to try posting your questions in the Midi Fighter sub-forum, since the mods and people who post there know more about it than me. Unfortunately, i still don't have one.

Tech Mentor

Reading the subforum now, thanks for your help!