How are you transitioning Top 40? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I've rocked many a two-bar drum loop between top 40 tracks. Think fast!

Intoxicated /adj./ When you feel sophisticated without being able to pronounce it.

facebook.com/DJJakeLake
    jakelake.info

Tech Mentor

Like I transition everything else?...
    Butcher
    DJ/Producer/Audio Engineer

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Gryz View Post
    That's what I'm thinking too. But like said, there is not much room in these tracks before vocals come in, so there's not much loop time to play with. I can only pick out a couple songs in my T40 selection that has at least 4 beats worth of looping material.
    exactly. Not every Lil Wayne, Kanye, Jay-Z, or whoever song has a good intro, and you can't mix ALL of these songs with just a loop. It does make it easier if you have an edited version with an intro --- but it all comes down to phrasing and getting the next song it at the right time. That could be slaming the fader, scratching it in, echo/out - delay/freeze....or loops, intro, etc. Think about how these songs have been mixed in with just two turntables or with out quantized/sync'd loops. It can be done, but there's a difference with house songs with long intro's than a Lil Wayne song.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

If you are using a loop to do this, and the songs are off in tempo, say 134 and 128, are you using the looping time to bring down the tempo to match the new, or how are you accomplishing a transition here?
    CDJ400s, Ecler Nuo, XD 53
    KRK RP8sFG

if you even have as much as 1 beat before a lyric drops, you can loop that like its a 5 minute intro. filter it, effect it, do something to blend it, and you shouldnt have too much of a problem.

if youre looping at 134 on track A, sync the 128 on track B so it raises the tempo to 134, then set a short loop on 134. add in effects if you have only a short amount of time (1 beat, 2 beats) and it doesnt sound proper.

traktor should reveal that track Bs slider is now down a bit from where it is normally, and track A shows where it should be. begin to slide track A tempo slider up a bit to slow the track, and you should see track B begin to creep back to where it should be. once you get track A down to 128, you should now have track B at 128, where it should be, and you can remove the loop from track B while keeping it active on track A. work some effects, filters, etc on track A and then fade the vol out / crossfade to track B.

something like that...
    [ 17" 2010 MBP ][ Mixcloud ][ CompleteJ ][ Soundcloud ][ Traktor Kontrol S4 ]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123