External USB Soundcard suggestions - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I find it in supermarket . Screen shots I`ve seen a long time ago so don`t have link. Maya44 usb is MAYBE use for vestax audio interface(read on some forum). If you only want basic stuff don`t think twice and don`t buy dj io numark(issues all over the internet can be found).

Tech Convert

@ mekon_ca Thanx for that, I think I found the "screen shot" on the .pdf user manual. I e-mailed the shop about the female headphone to rca adapter issue- if they say it'll work, I'll take it. I guess I'm a bit over cautious about this

@ R2D2 Wow! the connective looks like a good deal & well worth a consideration. About $30 cheaper than Maya44 too. I don't think I need the Torq software but it its a bonus I guess. I see them mentioning it supports aac, wma etc. is this relavant if I'm using it only as a soundcard or will the formats not matter in that case? ...ooh & I wont have issues using this with ableton, No?

Tech Mentor

@ Chuen yeah man the connectiv is a good little sound card I use it for Torq , Traktor , Ableton and Reason it works great for Djing and with my DAW. Yes Torq supports WMA and AAC you can also Rewire it straight into Ableton. I use Torq as my main DVS its a very powerful solution and with the 1.07 update its rock solid!

Definatly worth a look even if you dont want to use the Torq software

hope that helped

Are you saying the M-audio connectiv is cheaper than the Maya44?

In the UK the Maya44 is around £65 and the M-Audio connectiv is £156.40.

Tech Convert

Ok, heres what I've gathered up till now:

The Maya44 is a tried & tested industry favourite, but not without faults however. It's possible to cue(if you're only using the card & your lappy/desktop) but you will need a 2x male RCA to 1x female headphone adapter to do this which will cost another $3.00. You'll have to use one of the pairs of outputs with the adapter rather than the optical headphone jack & the cueing problem is solved. I dunno if everyone who owns this interface is using an adapter but that is the only solution I could find & its enough to "ease my troubled mind".

Heres a link that anyone considering the Maya44 needs to have a look at:
    http://www.cdrinfo.com/Sections/Revi...rticleId=20197
    ...they even take it apart & show its guts

the M-Audio connective might be cheaper in most parts of the world, but I personally feel that something that was purpose built to work with Torq(although it will work with other software) might give you some issues in the future if u intend to use it with a wider range of software /hardware, but if you're playing around with vinyls allot then this might be something to look at along with other offerings from Serato & others.

So ...I'll be getting myself the Maya44 usb (hopefully I'll find a used one somewhere) & I'll keep posting my impressions & some pics for those considering this card in the future.

Thank you for your input

is there anyway to setup headphone cueing using usb sound cards like the creative blaster play or turtle beach?

Tech Convert

I'm not familliar with the products u've mentioned. When looking for a sound card to use for Dj'ng you're looking for something with at least two separately channeled outputs (one for Master/speakers & one for Cueing/headphones)Once connected to your pc the software youre using should recognize two separate channels. You would be looking for a card that does this physically by either-one Output to your speakers & Another to your Headphones(like the Io Indigo pcmcia card) Or (like the Maya44) Two or more separate outputs to speakers(with the available Headphonejack listening in on both at the same time) where you may rather want to use one set of outputs for cueing/headphones & the other for the Master Out/speakers & not use the available headphone jack at all.

The cards I mentioned are not the only ones that can do this, but they're the cheapest ones who does whats required of them fairly easily & (most importantly)they wont let U down.

Another thing to look out for is something that has low latency. If it can go down to 5or4milliseconds response time without any problems then your safe(or so I understand)

Gaming cards like the ones U mentioned don't normally offer whats needed, but if it has two separately channeled outs & at least a 5 milisecond response time then they will work.

Hope I helped somewhat

cool thanks well im trying to get a m-audio 410 or a fast track pro.

Tech Wizard

Chuen have you looked at the Numark DJ|iO?

from what i heard, DJ i/os had problems but i guess it gets the job done.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast