WMC 2011 :: Dates Announced!

Default WMC 2011 :: Dates Announced!

Winter Music Conference Announces 2011 Dates

Winter Music Conference
    March 8 - 12, 2011
    Miami Beach, FL

***For Immediate Release***

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Winter Music Conference’s 26th annual program will take place March 8 – 12, 2011 at the Miami Beach Convention Center and other venues throughout Miami Beach and the greater Miami area. Last year WMC attracted 3,763 registered music industry participants from 70 countries and over 100,000 event participants who took part in five non-stop concentrated days of seminars, workshops, exhibits and performances.

Over its 26-year history WMC has become known by industry insiders, audiophiles and fans alike as the pre-eminent date for merchandisers and manufacturers launching new music, technology and trends in the music business. According to Billboard Magazine’s April 3, 2010 issue, “WMC demonstrates (that) dance music retains a powerful allure among brands looking to connect with young, engaged consumers.”

During WMC, more than 500 annual industry gatherings and performance events boast one of the most sought after aggregations of legendary and emerging artists to be found in the world. WMC’s drawing power for assembling innovative music professionals and launching effective global campaigns is demonstrated year after year with career-launching performances and new releases by artists that have historically included Lady Gaga (WMC 2008), Rihanna (WMC 2006), the Black Eyed Peas (WMC 2009) and featured appearances in 2010 by artists like Deadmau5 and Grammy winner David Guetta, amongst hundreds of others. Of his appearance during WMC 2010, The Black Eyed Peas’ Will.I.Am told MTV News “I think it’s important to come out to WMC to test out the new beats you’ve been making — rockin’ the crowds, learning from the crowds”.

For 2011 WMC will continue to roll out new initiatives as part of its development plan bolstering the ‘WMC Experience’. Unlike previous events the conference has hosted at hotels such as the Fontainebleau and most recently the Eden Roc, this year will offer nearly unlimited opportunities for expansion and growth with its move to the Miami Beach Convention Center in the midst of South Beach. Organizers say “for many years WMC has been challenged to configure its rapidly developing program into limited meeting space.” This year we are able to offer the best of all worlds - enormous room for expansion of the industry program at one of the best locations in South Beach with easy access to the top venues, restaurants and beaches. We are also able to offer our delegates a diverse range of official WMC hotels from the historically luxurious Raleigh and Albion hotels to the plush new Grand Beach Hotel to the business-budget-minded South Beach Courtyard. Virtually every class of service, location and amenity at a price point to fit any budget are offered. WMC is widely known as one of the highest hotel occupancy generating events of the year in the South Florida area – so book your hotel stay early.

Currently the WMC industry badge is being offered at a promotional Early Registration rate of $275 (over 40% off the walk up rate) until November 30th, which includes access to all official WMC events across the conference dates. Marketing opportunities are currently discounted by 30% through December 10, 2010.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Some interesting reactions to the date change

http://www.houseplanet.dj/index.php/...te-Change.html

Amy Thompson, Swedish House Mafia’s Manager: "So the news hit. And news of how SHM, its members and its team will handle this follow shortly. But WMC...who are you...who made the decision....someone who worked all year to make electronic sell...who practised what you preached ? So....as Eminem said....will the the real WMC please stand up.................let'...s discuss this publicly."

Steve Angello: "No one is moving to the WMC dates 5th - 12th .. Its just the official WMC awards n stuff. Everyone else goes same dates as last year. Let's rebel the wmc dates. 3.500 people attend the conference, 400.000 people attend the party's .. Why move the dates and confuse people ?? People I won't be in miami 8th - 12th .. I'm having my size part the last week of march ... And most of the people I know will be there. I'll be in Miami end of March! I didn't say wmc was just about me. But I don't like 90% of the promoters saying end of march. Then wmc comes along saying beginning of march .. Its not all about the conference either. Its about labels showcasing their talent and bringing amazing party to miami that week. I got djs to book , hotels , venues , sponsorship , flights. I can't jump around dates like I have nothing better to do all day. That's why I get pissed off. And since some people like yourself don't understand that I had to state that. I'm there end of march. End of story "

Dirty South: "Miami WTF is 8-12 March....and Miami WMC is last week of March as per tradition!"

Afrojack: "Pleease dont move wmc dates!! Honestly f* it only once have i seen a small segment of the conference, the rest was all ultra, @SAngelloLIVE partys and @davidguetta partys"

Max Graham: Maybe Miami will use their "Special WMC menus" with 30% higher prices during 8-11th and we'll get the normal rates end of March.

Felix Da Housecat: WMC why would u move conference 8-13?????? Dat don't sound sexy at all!!!
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Guru

wait, does the badge still get u into ultra?
    GPS of Fresh Wet Paint | "Always Fresh n' Sticky"
    DJEditorHugger

Fresh Wet Paint: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud | Site
    GPS: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud

Where can I find more information about purchasing a badge for this? Been wanting to go and half my family lives in Miami, would love to make a trip out of this.
    [ 17" 2010 MBP ][ Mixcloud ][ CompleteJ ][ Soundcloud ][ Traktor Kontrol S4 ]

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

so going to it!
    Dj F.a.R.h.A.n
    hip hop, house, reggaeton, dancehall, afrobeats, and international.

Tech Guru

man I wish I was home for this.

WMC Pool parties at The Surfcomber and Shore Club are the shizzzzzzzzzzzzz........
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300