S4 and X1

Thread: S4 and X1

Default S4 and X1

I know...you saw the name of the thread and thought that some dumb*** is trying to figure out if X1 is working with S4. You are absolutely...WRONG
    I am planning on picking up S4 in couple of days (finally made my mind over Mixtrack+NI DJ2+X1 ) and was wondering if I should get X1 as well at the same time? Is it useful? Or should I wait?

Thank You

P.
    15.3" MacBook Pro - S4

I think you should buy the S4 and X1, then head over to your closest post office and mail it to me.
    Actually i'll take a Maschine instead please .
    <3

Edit: On a serious note, are you a newbie to DJ'ing? And if you are a noob, do you know exactly what the X1 does? If you had to look it up to see what it was exactly then you should NOT buy it just yet.
    Last edited by Coldfuzion; 11-17-2010 at 01:53 AM.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I'm using an X1 with my S4 to control the volume, filter and FX on the sample slots. This is a good mapping to start with.

http://www.traktorfreaks.com/freaks/...ew.aspx?id=105
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Guru

I wouldn't get it at first man.

I would just jam out with the S4 for a while and then after you've had it for a month or so ask yourself --- "man if I had XXX I could do this set so much better" then go get XXX. That might be an X1, a midi fighter who knows? You haven't used the S4 yet. You may say to yourself "man this thing has so many buttons, it's perfect".

I have an X1 and do think i'll use it with the S4. I prefer less buttons and less things to fuck up with. LOL!
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Quote Originally Posted by Coldfuzion View Post
    I think you should buy the S4 and X1, then head over to your closest post office and mail it to me.
    Actually i'll take a Maschine instead please .
    <3

Edit: On a serious note, are you a newbie to DJ'ing? And if you are a noob, do you know exactly what the X1 does? If you had to look it up to see what it was exactly then you should NOT buy it just yet.
    Well if I'm a noob to DJ'ing, maybe I shouldn't even get S4? And get something like a Numark Mixtrack with NI DJ2 and X1? What do you think?
    15.3" MacBook Pro - S4

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I don;t get this whole I'm a noob maybe I shouldn't get an S4 thing. It's not just you, but I see people saying it all the time. Why would you want to limit yourself right from the start? The S4 is perfect, if not designed with someone just starting out in mind.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by haze324 View Post
    I wouldn't get it at first man.

I would just jam out with the S4 for a while and then after you've had it for a month or so ask yourself --- "man if I had XXX I could do this set so much better" then go get XXX. That might be an X1, a midi fighter who knows? You haven't used the S4 yet. You may say to yourself "man this thing has so many buttons, it's perfect".

I have an X1 and do think i'll use it with the S4. I prefer less buttons and less things to fuck up with. LOL!
    agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    I don;t get this whole I'm a noob maybe I shouldn't get an S4 thing. It's not just you, but I see people saying it all the time. Why would you want to limit yourself right from the start? The S4 is perfect, if not designed with someone just starting out in mind.
    agreed.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES