Sasha's Maven to be put into production ?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Sasha's Maven to be put into production ?

I just read this on DJ Times .
    DJ Times: What’s your DJ booth setup these days? Are you still DJing with the Maven controller you created for Ableton Live?

Sasha: Yeah, I am still using the Maven controller. I’m just signing a deal to put it into production. So sometime next year, you can see it and buy it in stores. The top unit will be expensive, but we’re releasing more budget-type versions, too. I’m not sure how many models.

I want to know how he got away with this, because the software that runs it is open source and expressly not available for commercial use. My understanding is that the guy he contracted to build it (for around $10K -- this dude pocketed $8K easy) didn't inform him that he used it. (It's been a while and my memory on it is a tad hazy)
    Steve Boyett
    Podcasts: Groovelectric | Podrunner | Podrunner: Intervals
    Traktor user

In some of the other interviews I heared he paid around 33k in dollars for the first model.

Also, I keep hearing the Maven Control is going to be released. One of the more likely ones read that it was going to be an all plastic one, to keep costs lower.

Still, I do hope it will come out one day, either being a complete piece of kit, or a build it yourself kit.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Guru

...the software that runs it is open source and expressly not available for commercial use.
    What software was he using? I always assumed it was a straight MIDI controller.

Well, if the rumours are correct, they are using MIDIbox with MIDIbox drivers and firmware.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Quote Originally Posted by steveboyett View Post
    I want to know how he got away with this, because the software that runs it is open source and expressly not available for commercial use. My understanding is that the guy he contracted to build it (for around $10K -- this dude pocketed $8K easy) didn't inform him that he used it. (It's been a while and my memory on it is a tad hazy)
    You will probably find they wont be using midi kits for the production model.

I'm taking a wild guess that Korg may be taking this project on being that they discontinued the Zero 4 & Zero 8 .

well seems like its time for me to buy the zero 4 no lol.

be cool i like looking at new gear but i prob would never buy it.
    www.myspace.com/djxsquizet
    my arsenal:
    2x vestax pdx, numark dxm09, m-audio x session pro, and ableton live 6.

I spin hip hop/electro/top 40

my 10minmix video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqAgSmaG4zM

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

If you actually have the cash to invest into getting a controller of that scale ready for mass market, the cost of designing your own interface electronics and writing the drivers/embedded code is insignificant.

Man I could build a bad ass controller for 30 k, Sasha got played for a sucker there.

interesting development, numark is a good guess. Does not surprise me that those mixers are not going to be around- they never did make any sense to me. I dont think building a 1k$ Maven will be a big hit in the current market though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast