whats your take on the Mau5?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default whats your take on the Mau5?

http://mag.di.fm/music/straight-from-deadmau5/

Recently Joel was quoted in a statement of mediocrity towards djs inevitably calling them cunts.

Although a little brash I do understand what the intention on the statement was as i myself have seen many dj's over the years that have not pushed themselves past beat matching.

Although I would not say I hate them or call them fucking cunts.

Do you think this will effect the Mua5? On The Circuit? In Sales? with the recent Grammy Nomination?
    MacBook Pro 2.53ghz . iMac 2.6ghrz . Compaq 2.4ghrz . Berhinger A5OD Reference Amp . Berhinger Ultra Graph Pro . Behringer Truth B1030A Monitors . Stanton FS Open . Native Instruments Maschine . Numark Mixdeck . TraktorLE . Vestax VCI-100 . Behringer UMX-25 . M-Audio Trigger Finger . . Ableton Live 8 . Reason 5 . Logic 9 Express .

Cause he does not know digital djing yet, and what we do with our mixes I honestly do not like more than maybe 1% of his tracks anyways, so he can say what he wants, I played him once only anyways, cause I find his music rather "Mediocre" lolz. Anyone can make minimal crap like that (take the last comment with a pinch of salt PLEASE!!)

So if you like his tracks, he's right, but if you don't like his tracks, he isn't?
    Steve Boyett
    Podcasts: Groovelectric | Podrunner | Podrunner: Intervals
    Traktor user

He lost his edge after his first few tracks that are now played out .

It's funny how hard people were sweating him during WMC when cats like A-Trak, Jesse Rose, Drop The Lime were down there playing sets that were 100x hotter .

Quote Originally Posted by steveboyett View Post
    So if you like his tracks, he's right, but if you don't like his tracks, he isn't?
    Nope, cause even if I liked his music, I would disagree with his statement "Djs are cunts..."
    Last edited by BentoSan; 12-06-2008 at 02:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nemo View Post
    Nope, cause even if I liked his music, I would disagree with his statement "Djs are cunts..."

If Sven Vath said the same, I would dismiss his statement and call him a cunt back. I am sorry, but I do not like to be called a mediocre cunt. Does not matter who it is, does it?
    I'm sure this statement was taken a bit out of context I'm sure the publication that printed this statement wanted to be noticed so they do an interview with a fairly boring producer that the masses thinks is shit hot and flip it to make him sound like an asshole so people will actually read the interview and not fall asleep doing it .

I think a more honest statement would be DJ's CAN BE arrogant self important little cunts I know I've been on both ends of that statement .

I agree with Deadmau5, alot of Djs are over-rated...but Im not going to a club and start saying that trash out loud.

"PLAY/PAUSE/SYNC?" (So sad, but very true about today digital dj's)

...Im not trying to flame on anyone, but it goes back to the thread about digital dj's being accepted.

-Peace to All The DJ's
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

And I agree with JesC.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Theres alot of bad digital acts giving us a bad name out there, its so sad.

Especially the Ableton Dj who has a his mix all lined up in ableton and just stands infront of the mixer eqing and crossfading - i think that has to be our biggest killer at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    Theres alot of bad digital acts giving us a bad name out there, its so sad.

Especially the Ableton Dj who has a his mix all lined up in ableton and just stands infront of the mixer eqing and crossfading - i think that has to be our biggest killer at the moment.
    Funny that's about what it looked like what Dead Mau5 was doing when I saw him lol .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast