recommendations for external sound card for Traktor

Default recommendations for external sound card for Traktor

I have been using the Korg NanoKontrol for about a year with VDJ. I have recently purchased a VCI-100 along with the Traktor Pro. I was told that I need a new sound card (I have a Behringer UCA222), which only has two in/outputs, I believe I need one that has 4x4 I/O. I'm looking at a budget of under $200, any one who knows more about this than I (which is obviously very little), your advice would be greatly appreciated.

Tech Wizard

i got an native instruments audio4 and was amazed at the low latency and sound quality, get one dude!
    PC i5 4690k, Win 7 64bit, 8gb ram, Audio4 DJ, Vestax VCI-100, Technics SL1200mk2's, Numark CDX, Vestax VCI-100, Behringer DDM4000, Stanton SK6, Korg Kaoss pad 2, Novation Bass station, Yamaha RY30, Akai SG01v, Lexicon Vortex, Art FXR, Akai LPD8, Maschine mk2, Roland TB-3.

Tech Guru

what do you need the two inputs for????

if you're just mixing internally (any amount of channels within a program) then all you need is something with one Main channel..

I would then recommend the Native Instruments Audio2 DJ, which has the same quality as the Audio8 but with no inputs
    Hardware: Akai Max49, Maschine, Equator D5 monitors, Saffire Pro 14
    Software: Logic, Maschine
    My Neighbors Listen to House Music.. Because They Have To.

2013 MBPr 13" | X1 mk2 | TSP 2 | A6 | DJM 900 nexus | HD 25 UBER Aluminum's | Technics sl1210 mk2's | Logic Pro 9

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Asand View Post
    what do you need the two inputs for????

if you're just mixing internally (any amount of channels within a program) then all you need is something with one Main channel..

I would then recommend the Native Instruments Audio2 DJ, which has the same quality as the Audio8 but with no inputs
    Dude from Native Instruments tech support told me that I need one that has 4 i/o to be able to monitor while I have music playing out. He was really rude and scoffed at any question I had. He said to get a 4 i/o and call back to configure it.

Tech Student

You can monitor fine with an Audio 2 DJ sound card. It has two outs. A and B. I have configured mine to use A as master out and B as head phone monitor.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

If your not planning on ever hooking up turntables or CDJ's an Audio 2 will do fine.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x