Feature request
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Feature request

Default Feature request

So I had a week to play with my S4 and I have several feature request.

1. I would like the ability to lock my cue points on tracks. I find that you can accidentally erase cue point when your working with the shift key and for other things

2. I would like the deck load buttons to be on at all times. I have been using my S4 in a dark room to simulate some DJ environments that I have worked in. If you look at the S4 in the dark a lot of the buttons you can not see. The most important being the load button. With it lit I would be able to work faster.

3. S4 software needs to have sample groups to for loading.

Tech Mentor

wrong forum dude.
    www.native-instruments.com makes the S4 and the software. DJTT just sells them.

I disagree its the right forum for me to see if others on techtools feels the same way.

Tech Guru

all legit, dude! but these really belong to the NI forum though. You'll meet a lot of sympathy there ... and the majority of the community active guys are also there anyway

Tech Wizard

(You can turn the button LED's up in non active state. Not ideal, really, but will get you part of the way there)

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

All great ideas, but will get you no where here. Best bet is to do the feature request on the NI forums. Then come back and put the link in this thread, then we can all go over there and support the request.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

+1 Good Idea.

The Beatgrid section in the Advanced Panel has a 'Lock'.
    It would be great to have a similar 'Lock' in the Cue Section.

Post it at NI and ill push it internally.

what do you guys mean when you say "'Lock' in the Cue Section." ?

i aint a past traktor user.
    ive tried for a bit but thats about it.
    (could never find a map that i liked for my VCI 100)

id assume when i make cue points it saves them,
    so i dont have to re-cue every time i load the track (and wasting so much time)?

also with the beatgrid,
    once you move it and set it, id also assume it would auto save so i dont have to worry about it again ?

are my assumptions right or wrong ?

ps. im currently anxiously awaiting for my S4
    Last edited by IrishBlaggard; 11-18-2010 at 01:56 PM.

Tech Guru

Hey IrishBlaggard,

in fact, what you assume is already implemented in Traktor - it persists the Cue Points and the Beat grids, once set.

The request is to be ably to LOCK them. That means a padlock in the UI, which when clicked makes them unchangeable unless unlocked. The beatgrid has this option and it very nicely protects you from making accidental/unconscious changes. The same padlock is not present for the Cue points though.

What Mr. McCoy is requesting (and it makes PERFECT SENSE, as well as the other items) is to have the Lock option for the Cue points. Since S4 has a very convenient shortcut to unset the Cue point by pressing Shift+CueX buttons, it's quite possible that you'll accidentally have the Shift suppressed, while wanting to trigger a Cue point. In this case, you would just unset the Cue Point permanently and you practically loose it.

Roger, Copy That.

thanks knaumov,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast