The S4, my CONCERNS part 2 - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

just curious: why would you want to listen to the same thing that is on air by having 50% mix with lit monitor cues?
    either use it at 0% or 50% with decks that aren't being aired.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    just curious: why would you want to listen to the same thing that is on air by having 50% mix with lit monitor cues?
    either use it at 0% or 50% with decks that aren't being aired.
    lol, exactly.

Tech Guru

To the two genius's crying troll - I'd love to search back at your 40 posts on this forum and see what contributions, advice and help you knuckle heads have provided here. On this thread alone - ZERO.

Press,
    Go read my review on the Serato forum and you'll see I'm not dicking riding the S4. I do think it's just stupid and you sound like a child demanding "resolution by the end of the day" on something that's already been discussed in your other thread and on the NI forum. This shit doesn't work like that. How many freaking issues did SSL 2.0 have. Serato didn't respond in 18 days or by the end of the day no matter how many exclamation points you put in a thread.

So you came on here crying that you wanted resolution. I gave you an example of how I solved it when i heard the "phasing". You didn't like my advice and gave me a stupid reply.

This thread did not provide any help to anyone - it was a rant on your part. I'm not gonna come on your thread to provide you a possible solution and have you tell me that I'm sucking Traktor dick. Fuck that man.

So yeah -- my S4 is working perfectly. That should tell you something......that yours isn't

But that it can!! Faulty unit, issues with your computer, etc. Either way demanding that NI say something TODAY isn't going to fix it, and the amount of Windows Audio drops is probably top of the list. If it was mine acting like this, sure I'd be upset --- but I'd handle it differently.

No Troll here fellas but you guys do get butt hurt very easily.

Press, Good luck with your S4.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by haze324 View Post
    To the two genius's crying troll - I'd love to search back at your 40 posts on this forum and see what contributions, advice and help you knuckle heads have provided here. On this thread alone - ZERO.

Press,
    Go read my review on the Serato forum and you'll see I'm not dicking riding the S4. I do think it's just stupid and you sound like a child demanding "resolution by the end of the day" on something that's already been discussed in your other thread and on the NI forum. This shit doesn't work like that. How many freaking issues did SSL 2.0 have. Serato didn't respond in 18 days or by the end of the day no matter how many exclamation points you put in a thread.

So you came on here crying that you wanted resolution. I gave you an example of how I solved it when i heard the "phasing". You didn't like my advice and gave me a stupid reply.

This thread did not provide any help to anyone - it was a rant on your part. I'm not gonna come on your thread to provide you a possible solution and have you tell me that I'm sucking Traktor dick. Fuck that man.

So yeah -- my S4 is working perfectly. That should tell you something......that yours isn't

But that it can!! Faulty unit, issues with your computer, etc. Either way demanding that NI say something TODAY isn't going to fix it, and the amount of Windows Audio drops is probably top of the list. If it was mine acting like this, sure I'd be upset --- but I'd handle it differently.

No Troll here fellas but you guys do get butt hurt very easily.

If anyone around here is butthurt its the readers that have to wade through the tone of your posts and endure the troll stick you ram up their behinds. Regardless of when PressPlay was requesting a resolution his post was informative and concise. I'm sure there are other users out there with similar issues.

This wouldn't be you by chance would it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JMOh-cul6M
    Native Instruments Kontrol S4
    Apple Macbook (OS/X 10.5)
    Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz (3MB L2 cache)
    2GB PC5300 DDR2-667

Tech Mentor

How many freaking issues did SSL 2.0 have. Serato didn't respond in 18 days or by the end of the day no matter how many exclamation points you put in a thread.
    Ok, when it comes to Serato, I am much more on your level as I have been a devoted Serato DJ for the last 3 years.

I actually didn't know that SSL 2.0 had issues. But, that's because I always air on the side of caution. I don't usually install updates until a month or two after the release. That's because software alone always has issues, and also because I've been properly set with a rock solid piece of equipment, the Rane 57TTM.

Here's the difference between a SSL software update, and the S4. The S4 is mean't to be an all-in-one unit that just works. But it doesn't just work. It fails quite often. Unfortunately nobody from Native Instruments has publically addressed any of these issues, which would make all of us happier.

When it comes to the 57TTM, it works every time. It is so solid, it's crazy. I have an offer on mine for $1100 that I am so glad I didn't take because I need my baby as a backup (obviously).

Because I (amongst MOST) DJ's make reliability a top priority, the S4 is falling short at the moment.

You didn't give a resolution at all. And actually, how can you? You don't work for Native Instruments. You are also not a magic genie that can actually fix the problem. Not using the CUE/MIX the way it is supposed to be used is NOT a solution. And the fact that you are trying to use CUE/MIX while BOTH your cues are on says something about yourself.....

This thread did not provide any help to anyone - it was a rant on your part.
    Are you sure about that, man? Me personally, when I'm deciding whether or not I'm going to buy a product, I usually like to check the forums and see if there's any flaws so I can make my pro's/con's list and decide. I'm not sure if said "anyone" appreciates you speaking on their behalf, because if there was anyone else out there like me, I'm sure this thread was quite helpful.

How insightful.

Either way demanding that NI say something TODAY isn't going to fix it...
    Again, it you read a little close, I wasn't demanding anything. Maybe my obvious frustration threw you off, but the words I use are that I would like to see a solution or resolution. Do I expect it? No. Would even the slightest aknowledgement from Native Instruments be nice? Sure.

Appreciate it.

-PL>Y

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123