Why did the T2 upgrade is lame thread get deleted?
    Tech Guru

Default Why did the T2 upgrade is lame thread get deleted?

I'm not the one to call the upgrade lame, but I can understand why the original person could feel that way as well as those who think its awesome and thats all I'm saying

I feel like any criticism of NI's products on this forum is a big no no. Whats wrong with not liking something or not being happy about something in particular with a product, or not liking the product all together? It seems like any criticism of their products gets met with hostility. I have a bunch of NI products and in general I am very happy with them, I wouldnt buy them if that werent the case, but it doesnt mean i like every single thing about them.

and to reply to the post from the thread that got deleted for some reason..................

Quote Originally Posted by Coldfuzion View Post
    @ Manchild: I understand what you're saying, but then in your case why even buy an S4? I mean the S4 is the S4 because it incorporates all those functions such as loop recorder and sample decks into the MIDI controller. If you just wanted to stick with Traktor Pro regular version you could have just upgraded to maybe a VCI-100 arcade or something. The S4 would not have been the best choice of controller for your position.

As for the upgrade we are getting it for free simply because it is already what we got with our S4 just slightly modified. If it was a huge upgrade in anyway, shape or form I would bet my bottom dollar that NI would have made us pay for it. Like they did for time code. Time code is a huge upgrade for us, and guess what? We have to pay for it.

My whole argument over here is that people should not go out buying equipment and what not if they just want it cause of it's name and how popular it seems. It's simply a waste of your money. If you're buying something make sure you're going to utilize it to its full potential.
    Reasons for buying it; one of the only 4 channel controllers on the market at the time, especially designed for use with Traktor, built in sound card that had the same quality as other NI cards and I have one and was very happy with quality, loved the feel of the jogs....honestly the list goes on.

I am very happy with the s4 hardware. If I had the choice and knowing what I know now I would have just gone with using Tpro over s4pro software, mainly because I could have lived without the new features in s4 pro, I liked the 4 band eq in tpro, i liked the way the filter sounded in tpro, and some of the fx didnt sound the same or work in some cases in s4pro. I'm content with the T2 software, and I dont think it's a lame upgrade even coming from using a program that was very simialar. All I'm trying to say is I understand why someone can think the upgrade was lame, and I was trying to shed some light to those that questioned (to put it politely) how someone could feel that way. Just like I can understand wouldnt question if you were to say the T2 upgrade is the best thing since sliced bread. Some of the new features of T2 comparing it to Tpro arent going to drastically change my dj set, and I know for a fact others feel that way.

Not deleted. Merged with the similar "Bug" thread.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Guru

Not a bug at all but whatever you say

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

The intent of the thread may not have been what the conversation of the thread had shifted towards. It's that conversation that we look at when merging threads.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by manchild View Post
    I feel like any criticism of NI's products on this forum is a big no no. Whats wrong with not liking something or not being happy about something in particular with a product, or not liking the product all together? It seems like any criticism of their products gets met with hostility. I have a bunch of NI products and in general I am very happy with them, I wouldnt buy them if that werent the case, but it doesnt mean i like every single thing about them.
    I hope this is not fully true, however I have found this claim to be valid from time to time.

In a forum I expect everything to come up as discussions and I don't expect people to always agree with each other, but there's no way that DJTT is a fan boy based forum. At least it should not be. That's what Serato forums are there for (or so I hear).

As for your response to my initial post in the other thread, fair enough . Glad you liked it! I wasn't trying to fight or anything, I just figured that there would be better solutions to what you were looking for. Keyword in that last sentence being figured. I didn't think about the 4 channel all in one solutions with a sound card included at the time. Guess I should've.

Back to being on topic, I don't think anyone should call anything lame to be honest. I don't mind reading threads about what people don't like in certain situations, but the term "lame" is subjective. Same with music or movies or books. Something that is lame to one person could be awesome to another. A topic "Things I don't like in Traktor2" would be more accurate of a title, and I am pretty sure I have seen one or two of those threads floating around here.

Tech Guru

I cant look back and read what you are talking about, but from what I remembered the main focus still was why t2 didnt measure up to the hype sorrounding it and those that agreed and those that disagreed. Of course my memory isnt the greatest either. Maybe their were a few posts that mentioned bugs or features that should have been added, but I dont remember it being the focus. Guess thats why im not a moderator

Constructive criticism is always welcome mate. Its flaming and abuse that we dont need here.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

/closed