Any Good VSTs?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any Good VSTs?

Default Any Good VSTs?

So - I've recently discovered that my VST list is under 10 strong SO I need to go shopping FAST.

So I searched around on DJTT for a bit, but this was pretty damn hard. I couldn't find any topic on this - So I thought I'd make one.

Do you guys know of any good ones?

I have Massive, FM8, Ozone, the Sonnox VSTs - and thats about it.

i think you have more that enough vsts to pump some great tracks out.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Banned

I agree with JesC, I only have a handfull of VST's I use, but I know them inside and out and can get the most of them. Just from Massive and FM8 alone you should be able to create a wide range of sounds.

With that being said, the Kore player from NI is really solid and different and I use it on just about every track. Should really look into it, they even have a free demo that is pretty solid in it's own right.

I'm gonna be checking out 'The Mouth' from NI and Tim Exile over the next week, interested to see how I can run my crappy singing through a vocoder, add harmony, and spit out synth or MIDI notes afterwards. Should be fun!
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Try out Minimogue VST and the schwazonator. Both free and sweet little buggers

Tech Guru

get vst news & info @
    http://www.kvraudio.com/

other than Native Instruments gear, i'd recommend stuff by Rob Papen, Uberschall, Camel Audio and Antares as well... but take a look at KVR website for sure, the amount of software out there is too vast to list.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by lethal_pizzle View Post
    I'm gonna be checking out 'The Mouth' from NI and Tim Exile over the next week, interested to see how I can run my crappy singing through a vocoder, add harmony, and spit out synth or MIDI notes afterwards. Should be fun!

i'm super stoked about that thing, have a "demo" copy to test drive soon as i get a minute.

there was a similar piece of gear called Kantos by Antares that came out years ago that offered similar features, but it's sketchiness overshadowed it's cool concept unfortunately.

Tech Guru

Depends on what software you want to use. My main would have to be Nexus in FL Studio. Also Google KVR Plugin for some great free plugins

Tech Guru

Also look in to making your own if you think you will have the time, Max/msp or pure data.

Thanks for the list guys! :-) Yes I can make some pretty decent tracks with the plugins I already have, but there are so many VSTs out there that help artists give their songs that extra little "shine", And I feel my tracks lack that right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxted View Post
    Also look in to making your own if you think you will have the time, Max/msp or pure data.
    I've fiddled abit with Max/msp while doing my Arduinome 256 project which I feel i'll never get done with. Goddamn macs and their lack of flashing abilities :-(

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast