Denon Dn Sc2000
Page 1 of 31 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Denon Dn Sc2000

Default Denon Dn Sc2000

recently bought a sc2000 but im having trouble with it.
    im not sure if its the harware, my software (Traktor) or the tsi file i got from the denon site.
    Basically the deck change button, pitch slider, cue and play pause work fine. the track select knob if also fine. but the platter only works with deck b, when deck a is selected it seems to control the first effect on effect deck 1. the hot cue buttons dont seem to work at all, though the LED's light up and it is sending a midi signal, the little icon at the top of the traktor screen lights up. the effects controls dont work, but are also sending a signal, same with filter.

If anyone has any advise id be happy to hear from them, hopefully i just cocked up the setting up of the controler..

Tech Guru

It may be a problem with the mapping or the midi notes sent by your hardware... You will have to troubleshoot your configs to find where is the error.

To test if the note that your sc2000 sends is mapped to any command, go to the map screen, insert any command (just to test, remember to delete later) then hit "Learn" and press the button that you want to check.
    This way you will see what midi note the hardware is sending.

After that, go to the sc2000 map that you had imported to traktor, order the map list by the MIDI column and check if you find the midi note that you saw before. Check if it's mapped to the desired command on tracktor...

Tech Mentor

thinking about buying one of those as well to learn beatmatching, how do you like it?

I've got 2 on order and I'll get them next week. I'll report back with my review in about 2 weeks.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by SirReal View Post
    I've got 2 on order and I'll get them next week. I'll report back with my review in about 2 weeks.
    duno if you scratch but could you do a quick demo with some scratching/try to scratch with them?
    Butcher
    DJ/Producer/Audio Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by TABS View Post
    duno if you scratch but could you do a quick demo with some scratching/try to scratch with them?
    That outta be good for a laugh. I'm primarily a House, Breaks & Techno DJ but I'll give it a shot. I can at least show the responsiveness of it. I won't be crabbing or anything though so go easy.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by SirReal View Post
    That outta be good for a laugh. I'm primarily a House, Breaks & Techno DJ but I'll give it a shot. I can at least show the responsiveness of it. I won't be crabbing or anything though so go easy.
    maybe some baby scratches and cuts?
    Butcher
    DJ/Producer/Audio Engineer

I'll do my best, just no virtual laughing please.

Calum, did you try to re-import the .tsi file ?
    I was playing around with these this week and had no trouble with A/B deck control, using the Denon .tsi file.
    Silvio Zeppieri
    Denon DJ Brand Manager, D&M Professional
    100 Corporate Drive
    Mahwah, New Jersey, 07058 (USA)
    http://www.denondj.com

@ashigari
    the controller itself is brilliant, its a real, affordable, option for learning to beatmatch.

@denon
    i tried reimporting the file, but im pretty sure the problem is my laptop, i think its just about to give up. so im just mapping it myself, i wanna change a few things as well.

thanks for all the replys!

Page 1 of 31 1234511 ... LastLast