Bomes Keystroke Emulation \ Ableton Live Looping
    Tech Mentor

Default Bomes Keystroke Emulation \ Ableton Live Looping

Hi Guys,

I'm running shifts at eh moment with Bomes but my outputs are all midi messages, what i want to do is output some keystrokes instead?

Any ideas?

Cheers
    D

Quote Originally Posted by S4racen View Post
    Hi Guys,

I'm running shifts at eh moment with Bomes but my outputs are all midi messages, what i want to do is output some keystrokes instead?

Any ideas?

Cheers
    D
    Funny you should mention that, thats exactly what i am doing at the moment.
    If you want to output midi messages select on the outgoing tab of the translator you need to select "key stroke emulation".

Might i ask what it is your doing with keystroke emulation ? I am using it currently for ableton live looping, similar to kid-beyond but with my own personal twist on things.

Tech Mentor

Yes i have a similar set up, assign a key to both the in and out and then one button does an instaloop type thing a la traktor (i'm ableton..)

I've got three buttons per channel on my 1d and the middle one when not shifted launches the quantized clip whilst5 when shifted kills the quantized c lip and launches the same clip unquantized, like moldovers setup.....

Then i want the top and bottom buttons to behave in this manner, when unshifted the top button will first focus on the clip that's playing in the channel then move one clip up and then launch that clip, with it shifted it'll behave the same however it's first focus will be the unquantized clip channel.... The bottom button as you'd expect focusses and then fires the clip below...

How else have you got the keystrokes going?

Cheers
    D

Quote Originally Posted by S4racen View Post
    Yes i have a similar set up, assign a key to both the in and out and then one button does an instaloop type thing a la traktor (i'm ableton..)

I've got three buttons per channel on my 1d and the middle one when not shifted launches the quantized clip whilst5 when shifted kills the quantized c lip and launches the same clip unquantized, like moldovers setup.....

Then i want the top and bottom buttons to behave in this manner, when unshifted the top button will first focus on the clip that's playing in the channel then move one clip up and then launch that clip, with it shifted it'll behave the same however it's first focus will be the unquantized clip channel.... The bottom button as you'd expect focusses and then fires the clip below...

How else have you got the keystrokes going?

Cheers
    D
    I am still experimenting with how i want to set mine up, but at the moment i have LED feedback to tell me which state the loop is in(recording/playing/stopped/empty). There are 3 recording slots per deck all with their own indepedent LED feedback and these recorded clips can be juggled between.

Another button engadges delete mode which i can use to free up slots to start recording again. Though i am thinking i might replace with a function that serves to simply delete the slot i want to record into and starts recording to that slot in the same action.

I would be interested in chatting with you on the subject in realtime - hit me up a pm with your chat info(i have msn/skype/gchat) and perhaps we can learn something from what one another are doing, then share whatever we come up with to community.

Tech Mentor

I went back to scratch with my template as i'd inherited the shift programming and so didn't truly understand it's complexities, i've simplyfied things whilst writing it for myself and now have two shifts per controller giving me a bank of 36 buttons for a variety of launch options, loop options and quantize selections.....

Instead of having one translator for the shift function for all buttons i've seprated them all out so that each button has it's own shift translator, this is on occasions then divided again by three, (shift off, shift one on, shift two on) so that i can output keystrokes instead of midi messages, yes the end result is a much bigger preset but i can track it easily and when it's running in the background it hardly matters as long as it works....

My next challenge is to get some mouseless navigation working with my padkontrol using some of the template from abletonlivedj.com.... although all of my sets are prepopulated with tracks it would be nice to move to a more on the fly set up as when i'm jamming at home my sets become stale after a while.... plus i've been watching lots of controllerism videos and want to do more clip triggering off a 4 by 4 grid with the padkonrtol that'll invlove me loading clips from the browser into assigned slots....

Cheers
    D