How much to charge for NYE?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default How much to charge for NYE?

Hey guys,

Got a request to DJ on NYE this year, it'll be my first. I work at the hotel it will be in, and they'll be having paid dinner and drinks followed by dancing- top 40 mainly.

How much would you guys charge? 8:30-1:00am

I MAY rent a nicer system than what I've got, but I'll just tack that onto whatever I charge for my time.

I'm thinking $500? Seems to be the going rate on google but I wanted your opinions.

congrats on getting a NYE gig
    Quote Originally Posted by ctrld View Post
    confession time: I clicked on this thread only because my dirty mind made a connection between "6 analogues and 14 digitals" and "2 girls 1 cup".
    Setup: VAI-40, Nanokey2, APC20, Ableton, (Shit ton of VST), TP2, DN SC2000, LPD8 (RIP) MF3D (with custom Mapping FX for ableton for Turnado and Artillary2 (ill release it when its been perfected.) PM me if interested in the mapping or helping me with it.

If you have to provide system, its a little on the low side, also factor in paying 1 or 2 friends to help you setup and break down and maybe dj cuz 5 hr of non stop djs is gonna be burtal.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Villinus View Post
    Hey guys,

Got a request to DJ on NYE this year, it'll be my first. I work at the hotel it will be in, and they'll be having paid dinner and drinks followed by dancing- top 40 mainly.

How much would you guys charge? 8:30-1:00am

I MAY rent a nicer system than what I've got, but I'll just tack that onto whatever I charge for my time.

I'm thinking $500? Seems to be the going rate on google but I wanted your opinions.
    Yea bro, don't go to cheap for these reasons:

- Top 40 is not fun
    - Everyone charges double on NYE
    - If you don't charge enough and have a shitty NYE you'll be upset (I've been there)
    - You need to rent better gear which leaves you with less $$$.
    - People on NYE get drunk and obnoxious because it may be the only time of year they go out. They will make your life miserable with requests for the shittiest songs of the century.
    - You have a ton of options for that night so why only make $500.
    :: Kontrol Z2 :: :: Technics 1200 :: :: Pioneer DJM 250 :: Kontrol X1 MkII :: :: Maschine :: :: Kontrol S4 ::

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Whatever the going rate is charge double for NYE.

Agreed on doubling for NYE.

The reasoning is that there are MANY parties happening on that same night....you don't get to do what YOU want....work basically....so you miss out on your evening.....Fuel to get there...its always bumper to bumper and a nightmare to mission around on NYE.

Double mate!!
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Man, thanks for all the great replies so far. Really insightful. And thanks on the congrats!

That's exactly how I was feeling about not getting to enjoy the night, plus I have to rent a system... And yea, I dislike playing nothing but top 40's and getting shitty requests all night. I almost want to get a shirt printed that says "Sorry I don't have that song" and just point to it when I get requests

I'm going to double it. Basically, if I get it, great- total score. If not, I get to enjoy the night with my ladies and friends.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Villinus View Post
    Man, thanks for all the great replies so far. Really insightful. And thanks on the congrats!

That's exactly how I was feeling about not getting to enjoy the night, plus I have to rent a system... And yea, I dislike playing nothing but top 40's and getting shitty requests all night. I almost want to get a shirt printed that says "Sorry I don't have that song" and just point to it when I get requests

I'm going to double it. Basically, if I get it, great- total score. If not, I get to enjoy the night with my ladies and friends.
    Great idea...Honestly if you don't get the right money, just go out and have fun. You'll be thankful you did.
    :: Kontrol Z2 :: :: Technics 1200 :: :: Pioneer DJM 250 :: Kontrol X1 MkII :: :: Maschine :: :: Kontrol S4 ::

Get a T-shirt that says "Blowjobs On Requests".....
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Quote Originally Posted by sarasin View Post
    Get a T-shirt that says "Blowjobs On Requests".....
    Good idea, but I think it should say "Requests for Blowjobs" lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast