Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default what "type" volumeslider vci

Does anyone know what type of volume slider is in the VCI,
    and where to get it?

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony More View Post
    Does anyone know what type of volume slider is in the VCI,
    and where to get it?
    The only thing you have to keep in mind is that it has to be a VCA fader. It should have the same length and a similar height so that it fits in the vci-100.
    I've tried the Pro X Fade and it would work as a line fader in the vci-100 too.

I don't know if there is a way to get the original line faders. But anyways, the original ones are a bit stiff for my likings. So maybe you can find others that are actually better than the originals.

Cheers for that into Paddy, i didnt realise they could also be used as line faders.

Quote Originally Posted by paddydj View Post
    The only thing you have to keep in mind is that it has to be a VCA fader. It should have the same length and a similar height so that it fits in the vci-100.
    I've tried the Pro X Fade and it would work as a line fader in the vci-100 too.

I don't know if there is a way to get the original line faders. But anyways, the original ones are a bit stiff for my likings. So maybe you can find others that are actually better than the originals.
    Thank you for your response.
    But What exactly is a VCA-Fader?

Tech Convert

VCA faders, in analog mixers for example, have another principle to work than older faders. They do not manipulate the sound directly. In older mixers the sound would go trough the crossfader directly. VCA faders only send 'their position' to an amplifier section of the mixer, which will then affect the volume relation between two or more decks.

In the case of the VCI-100, the CPU of the device is the amplifier section, like in the analog mixer, which receives the signal of the crossfader and converts it from an analog signal to midi data. And the line faders work the same way as the crossfader.

thank you Paddy for explaining that to me
    Last edited by Anthony More; 12-10-2008 at 03:22 PM.

I opened up my vci and took out the volume slider,
    It seems to be an "Alpha" made in Taiwan.
    Lenght of the Housing is apr. 87mm.
    and the lenght that it slides is 72mm.

If I replace the slider with a 100mm fader (of course I make more room
    for it),Do I have then a smoother volume control because the fader has a
    longer way?
    Last edited by Anthony More; 12-10-2008 at 04:24 PM.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by paddydj View Post
    From what I understand, VCA = Voltage Controlled Amplifier, but Paddy's description is right on. Basically, the fader presents a resistance to an amplifier, which controls the amount of audio it lets through. VCA's were primarily implemented to allow curve control for scratch dj's.

However, you can put any fader into the VCI-100 you want, so long as it matches the resistance of the fader in the VCI-100 (and you can physically fit it in).

But since you are interested in the 'stiffness' of the fader, its possible that the stiffness is a result of the lubricants used in the fader itself. If you open up the fader and strip down the lubricants with a cleaner, you can apply a more appropriate lubricant to the rails of the fader and the PCB.

Quote Originally Posted by sgb View Post

But since you are interested in the 'stiffness' of the fader, its possible that the stiffness is a result of the lubricants used in the fader itself. If you open up the fader and strip down the lubricants with a cleaner, you can apply a more appropriate lubricant to the rails of the fader and the PCB.
    I was only investigating what sort of fader I could put in the vci,
    but anyways thanks for reply..

Default so finally

which resistence does the pitchfader and the crossfader have??
    where can i get that information?
    greetings

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast