ableton side chain compression VST help

Default ableton side chain compression VST help

hey guys, im tryin to get my traktor routed through ableton, and im having a little trouble downloading the vst from the link on the tutorial, the slim slow slider side chain compression VST. did anyone else have any troubles aquiring this plug in? i downloaded it from the link but dont find anywhere to install the plug in? maybe this is a dumb question, but any help is greatly appreciated

Tech Mentor

use the compressor in ableton and just route it to sidechain. dont worry about a special VST.

Quote Originally Posted by the shmobletons View Post
    hey guys, im tryin to get my traktor routed through ableton, and im having a little trouble downloading the vst from the link on the tutorial, the slim slow slider side chain compression VST. did anyone else have any troubles aquiring this plug in? i downloaded it from the link but dont find anywhere to install the plug in? maybe this is a dumb question, but any help is greatly appreciated
    Did you extract the file then put the .dll in the Abletons VST folder ?
    On windows by default its C:\program files\VSTplugins\
    Also you need to make sure you have enabled the vst in the Ableton preferences File Folder tab.

Btw, i am actually working on a new smartmixing setup - that will be something to look out for. Its a heap better than the Belvario setup

thanks alot for your help, your really encouraging me to get this setup goin. thats awesome news that you working on your own smart mixer, will you be releasing this to the forum, because if you are i would love to give it a try. im havin just one more minor problem, i decided to post another topic on it to see if i could get some feedback from other members. heres the topic maybe you could check it out too
    http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/sho...8096#post18096

Quote Originally Posted by the shmobletons View Post
    thanks alot for your help, your really encouraging me to get this setup goin. thats awesome news that you working on your own smart mixer, will you be releasing this to the forum, because if you are i would love to give it a try. im havin just one more minor problem, i decided to post another topic on it to see if i could get some feedback from other members. heres the topic maybe you could check it out too
    http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/sho...8096#post18096
    I plan to release it on the blog along with lots of information about how it works - i also developed another really interesting technique along the way while making it i am pretty keen on sharing with the community

id be pretty keen on that as well.. im lookin forward to it