VCI 1.4 Upgrade w/o traktor pro
    Tech Convert

Default VCI 1.4 Upgrade w/o traktor pro

Can I still upgrade my VCI 100 to the hd 1.4 without having to get traktor pro, or would i be able to still operate off of Traktor Duo??? I will eventually go to pro but i feel really comfortable on duo and with numerous gigs lined up i feel as if i woudln't have adequate time to play with Pro.

you can safely upgrade the vci to FW 1.4. but you have to remap some stuff in the traktor mappings (like jogweehls and pitchbend).

the only difference between duo and pro are that duo is more limited (only 2 decks, less effects,...), so imo you can upgrade without a problem, cause everything is the same, but you have more to play with

edit: 800th post. wohoo..
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

Tech Convert

thanks. i think i'm just gonna go for it all and go to traktor pro today. it's fairly simple right? i got the chip, the overlay, so all i need is the upgrade to pro+new mappings??????

if you got a soundcard you're all good..
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst