Novation Dicer Traktor Pro MAJOR PROBLEM
    Tech Mentor

Default Novation Dicer Traktor Pro MAJOR PROBLEM

The Novation Dicer LED causes major problems with TRAKTOR PRO....Meaning audio dropout galore if you use the LEDs in Traktor Pro.

Its not apparent right away, but if you "pay attention" you will notice MAJOR audio dropouts while loading tracks with multable cue points into any deck because the ON & OFF LED "State" seems to make Traktor Pro studder.

I have researched this endlessly and it has nothing to do with settings within Traktor or setting within my computer. My computer is blazing fast and everything IS disabled.

Im not sure if its Traktor or Novation thats causes the issue but I have seen this behaviar with other controllers while using Traktor before (ie Kenton Killamix)

Of coure I am still using the Dicers.....but resenting the fact that I cannot use the LEDs the whole time.

Can someone please confirm this issue? Or suggest a solution>?

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

It's not really Traktor or the Dicer's. It has to do with the way PC's handle the in/out midid messages.

Here's a program Str8upDrew came up with that seems to help a lot of people with similar issues.

http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17497
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Thanks for the support Chris.

Here's a link to the post with the most recent version...
    http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/sho...7&postcount=69

The official release will be coming soon.
    If you need any help setting it up, feel free to ask and i'm more than willing to help.
    But this app should take care of all of your problems.

yeah. its the send monitor state thing.

i have around 16 cue points on most of my songs and no drop outs, but i had the same problem before using drews thing
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

Thanks for the support Theory.

Tech Mentor

Wow who knew it was a Window problem....And even better, St8upDrew has an application to deal with it !!!!!

Drew your a brilliant man......I finally got everything working as it should.

My problems were a result of thinking that within Traktor I had to have the actual "IN & OUT" ports chosen for the controllers (instead of the midi yoke ports).

You are very clear about how they are suppose to be assigned to the midi yoke channels within traktor in your instructions.....so....im sorry for freaking out....

The end result is absolutely perfect.

BTW I had some additional tweaking of colors to do with the DIcers....while using your "beta" program, they dont seem to follow the same rules that are listed in the Dicer "Color" artical found on this site.

To get the brightness and colors that represent the same colors of the small "layer" buttons (or any color you want) was a combination of using / tweaking both the the controller range AND the midi range together. The controller range which is suppose to only change the brightness, actually changes the color too.

Heres the color breakdown....

I wanted to colors to be BRIGHT and I wanted to have the large button color sceme matching the small layer buttons color sceme.

Meaning

Small button bank 1 (Red) has all RED Large Buttons.

Small button bank 2 (Green) has all GREEN Large Buttons

Small button bank 3 (Orange) has all ORANGE Large Buttons

Heres how I did it...

Within Traktor, you have to have 2 OUTPUT "Hotcue Sates" per button (1 for select/set/store Hotcue & 1 for Delete Hotcue)

For Bank 1 (Red) The Controller Range is Min -1 & Max 0 and the Midi Range is Min 0 & Max 15

For Bank 2 (Green) The Controller Range is Min -1 & Max -1 and the Midi Range is Min 0 & Max 127

For Bank 3 (Orange) The Controller Range is Min -1 & Max 1 and the Midi Range is Min 0 & Max 127

Remeber I only use three decks in Traktor and only use 1 Dicer for the cue points. Because Dicer has three layers, I use 1 layer per deck. But the color info above can be used for whatever configeration you want...

HEY DREW....YOU THE MAN BUUDY>>>

THANKS

Tech Mentor

BTW in case anyone wants to use it....I also attached the .TSI

I believe it will only work as I described it in my post (above) while using it in conjunction with Traktor Pro and St8UpDrew's "Beta" program.

Enjoy

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Same happened with APC in Pc world, luckily I migrated to mac but pass along drew's fix when asked

Thanks for the support. And i'm glad to see you got it working.