Recording Mixes in traktor...

Default Recording Mixes in traktor...

Hey guys i might be missing something in the preferences or something but i like to record my mixes if i feel iv had my "Groove on" so to say. recently i bought a sound card so i could use headphone cueing and found when i went to record it, it was also recording the parts i was trying to cue up... Scrolling through tracks ect... So my Question is, is there a way to set things up where it will only record what is coming out my speakers and not my headphones also?

sorry if this makes no sense any help would be appreciated.

Cheers.
    Dj Ground N Pound!!! Pounding Phat Beats on the Macbook pro + Traktor pro 2 + Kontrol S4 + Midi Fighter.:eek:

What are your audio output settings showing? what card do you use?
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

audio 2 i dont have it infront of me now i just want to know if it can be done... what should i have it set to?
    Dj Ground N Pound!!! Pounding Phat Beats on the Macbook pro + Traktor pro 2 + Kontrol S4 + Midi Fighter.:eek:

the record feature on traktor only will record the master not both the master and the monitor ... the record button is on the top right it looks like a cassette tape (default saves as a .wav in C:\User\Music\Traktor)

make sure your audio settings are correct A for master and B for Monitor (or whichever way you plug it in).

↯↯ OFFICIAL SITE // MY SETUP ↯↯

Of course. So basically in the audio output prefs you want the master output to show 1&2, and the monitor output to show 3&4. Hang on, are using the S4 as well?
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by DjGroundNPound View Post
    audio 2 i dont have it infront of me now i just want to know if it can be done... what should i have it set to?
    Bump Jester ^

The options will be different between cards and which audio driver your using. Hopefully ASIO.

I have a internal Creative SB Audigy 2 LS. If I was to use the Audigy 2 LS (ASIO) my setup would be like. Cue RL-RR. Master FL/FR. Recording. FL/FR. So its listening to FL/FR.

For just the ASIO gives me a 1-8 option. These are the different channels. I don't use this driver as it gets pretty annoying to figure out. I rage quit and stick to the driver listed above.

Good luck,

-Digi

no my s4 is on its way ill have a look at the setting when i get home see if it matches what your saying..

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by DjGroundNPound View Post
    no my s4 is on its way ill have a look at the setting when i get home see if it matches what your saying..
    Just curious, why did you buy another soundcard?

because i had a vci 100 sld that and my sound card once i bought the s4