Dicer + Traktor Issues
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Dicer + Traktor Issues

Alright, been using / playing with my new Dicers and Traktor Scratch Pro using the mapping file they just recently posted on here. So far, it works very similarly to how it is shown off in the video but I'd like to address / point out some problems I'm having with it.

The cue point page of commands works great. Each button performs exactly as it should, with LEDs turning on and off as they should as well.

The mash/loop page of commands is not working the way it should, however. According to the explanation provided by the video/article, hitting buttons 1-5 by themselves should activate the Beatmasher effect with 5 levels. When I hit these buttons, they cause the Effects unit in Traktor to load the Delay effect with the correct corresponding parameter levels. Although this problem is occurring, triggering loops by holding the page button and hitting the buttons is working properly with no issues.

On the effects page, I am running into issues similar to the ones mentioned in the previous paragraph. Whenever I hit any buttons, instead of triggering the effect the article/video says they should, they cause Traktor to load a different effect / parameter level. For example, the article says that Button 1 should trigger a Beatmasher effect. On my system, hitting Button 1 causes Traktor to load Delay into the first effect slot. Button 3, which is supposed to trigger a Filter-LFO, instead loads and triggers the Phaser Pulse effect. Buttons 4 and 5, which are supposed to trigger the Delay effect w/ different parameters, instead load and trigger the Flanger Flux effect. It should be noted that while the problematic buttons are loading effects different than what they should, they are loading the correct parameter levels. I.E: hitting button 1 loads Delay instead of Beatmasher, but the effect level matches what is shown in the video from the article.

Is there some extra setting up of Traktor that I need to do? I set my effects units to mimic the ones shown in the video. 4 Unit mode with Unit 1 set to Chained with Beatmasher, Slicer, and Filter-LFO loaded, Unit 3 set to Advanced with Delay loaded.

This is my first post here so please let me know if I posted in the wrong spot or I'm retarded and didn't search the forum deep enough for a resolution to this problem.

Thanks in advance!

try this mapping with only your decers plugged in and no other controllers, see if you have the same problem

ill d/l the mapping and give it a shot later/tomorrow afternoon too to see if i have the same problems
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

ok i just gave it a shot, and apparently TSP mappings dont work very well in TP

nothing worked right.

i would drop a new cue and it would get deleted right away,songs would play from the middle as soon as it was loaded and the FX didnt work quite right

ill try again because some other software crashed at the time, so that could have caused the problem

EDIT: nope. same problems.
    Last edited by theory28; 11-21-2010 at 08:28 PM.
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

sorry for the triple post:

And once again, the day is saved.

thanks to: drews software lol

ill leave it to him to post here

Thanks Theory...

More info on it here.
    http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17497

Here's a link to download the latest version.... The official release will be very shortly.

http://www.mediafire.com/?dbyv4ucdb15jvwi

Since this may very well be pretty much identical to the final release, please let me know if your are having any problems.

Using it is fairly simple, but it does require a virtual midi cable like Midi Yoke which is at http://www.midiox.com/
    It can support up to four midi controllers at once and is divided into 4 module's. You can disable 3 of the module's to prevent any unwanted midi messages from occurring. Once you have midi yoke installed. Start the application, before opening Traktor. First turn on/off any module's needed. Set the "To Traktor" to the Midi Yoke that you want.. Set the "From Traktor" to another Midi Yoke. Now set both "To Controller" and "From Controller" to you're midi controlle. Now do the same thing for the next modules/controllers, but use different Midi Yoke's.
    Once you have everything setup you can save the preset by clicking the save button, then you can name the preset and put it in the folder of your choice. To load a preset, just click the load button, then select and load the preset file, then click the apply button. Now that you have the application all setup, all you have to do is change the in and out ports in Traktor's Controller Manager from your midi controllers, to the Midi Yokes that you have selected. The "To Traktor" is the "In-Port" in Trakor, and The "From Traktor' is the "Out-Port".

Let me know if you need any help as well.

Tech Convert

Ok, I downloaded both things you told me there. After installing the Midi Yoke, I opened the Final Beta program and that's where your instructions started to get confusing. I'm only using 1 pair of Dicers and no other controllers, so I should only need to modify one Midi module on there right? Also, when you said to set "To/From Traktor 1" to different Midi Yokes, did you mean different numbers? As in "1" on "To" and "2" on "From"? Or both of them set to "1"? I set the "To Traktor 1" as "Out To Midi Yoke 1" and "From Traktor 1" as "In From Midi Yoke 1" and "To Controller 1" / "From Controller 1" as "Novation Dicer".

After making these settings, I hit apply and saved the mapping to a new file named "Dicer Mapping". I then started Traktor, went to Controller Manager, and went to "Add" under Devices and imported the .tsi mappings file for the Dicers. I then set the In-Port / Out-Ports to Midi Yoke 1 then closed the window.

After all that, nothing. No buttons on either Dicer work when set up this way. The Dicer with the USB connection does allow me to change pages but to no avail, the buttons do nothing on all 3 pages, even when shifted.

ALSO as an added side-effect to this set up, the audio now drops out for ~1 second occasionally while tracks are playing.

Just in case its pertinent information, I'm running all this on Windows 7 64 bit.

i am having this exact same problem. and whoever tried to reply didnt help at all. why would i download that thing when im only using the dicers... also, i downloaded that "latest version" of midiox or whatever and its for windows... im on a mac.

all i want is my dicers to work lke they are on that new video with my traktor scratch pro. someone please help.

if youre on a mac you dont need this.
    note: for me the mapping still wasnt fully functional, but mostly

this is weird...

Quote Originally Posted by djprobono View Post
    i am having this exact same problem. and whoever tried to reply didnt help at all. why would i download that thing when im only using the dicers... also, i downloaded that "latest version" of midiox or whatever and its for windows... im on a mac.

all i want is my dicers to work lke they are on that new video with my traktor scratch pro. someone please help.
    Sorry, my program won't help. It's for windows only.

Maybe the problem is a conflict with other controllers? Are you using more than one controller??
    On the "In-Port" & "Out-Port" in Traktors control manager do you have the dicer selected? Or do you have it set on "All Ports"?

Not sure what the problem is, but i'm sure we can figure it out.

Tech Convert

Yeah so I'm still having these issues. Really hoping someone on here can figure out whats going on cause these Dicers round out my setup very well.

Again, all I'm having problems with is the Effects. It seems like maybe the MIDI command to call up Beatmasher / Filter / Delay / etc on the different buttons is instead resolving the target of the command to the different effects mine keeps loading (delay, phaser, flanger, etc). Have the people that made this mapping tried it on different setups other than their testing / personal computers?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast