Traktor: itunes vs track collection
    Tech Wizard

Default Traktor: itunes vs track collection

Hello,

i've been using djdecks with iTunes for quiet a while, now switching to Traktor. I can use iTunes just fine in the Traktor browser, so why should i import my music collection into the Traktor track collection? Are there any significant differences or advantages in using the Traktor track collection?

Olaf

The biggest one would be that you can navigate though tracks\load tracks to decks using a midi controller and without touching a mouse or keyboard.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    The biggest one would be that you can navigate though tracks\load tracks to decks using a midi controller and without touching a mouse or keyboard.
    i can do that too with the iTunes folder inside Traktor. I think maybe i wasn't clear enough: what is the advantage in using the track collection over the iTunes folder *inside* the Traktor browser?

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

For me, and I don't know why this happens, iTunes won't read about half of my tags. I spent a lot of time writing them in Traktor, but they won't come up in iTunes. So, I have a better sorting experience with Traktor.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

+1 with Mr Diablo, I use Traktor to edit my songs, being that iTunes doesnt read them.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |