S4 - so many problems !
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default S4 - so many problems !

Hey :
    I bought the s4 . I'm very frustrated because I must to use Game Booster & ProcessHacker for use my system without issues .
    It's not only me , a lot of users (also Mac users ) are having problems with sound & freezing .Our systems are OK , TSP is working perfect in our machines , but this new baby is like a nightmare .
    Tech Support is really BAD & slow , they try to "teach" you how to disable things (also wireless ) .
    We will never have an official answer from NI . For shure they will fix the problem but in the meantime they are saying : your system is the problem : BULLSHITS !
    I only can seat & wait till the next update ...but I can remenber problems with other hardware

Hello man-tk...

can u explain what are the issues with your S4? kinda surprised to hear all this.... got my S4 couple days ago and ive been using it without any glitches far... please tell us in detail whats your problem with the S4 hopefully can find you a solution...

chubbz

Tech Guru

Man-Tk,

Hey brother I've read some of your posts on the NI forum and I know your hot and have been patient, but stick with it man. NI has invested way to much into this product to let it flop and not work on all systems.

Does it work fine with gameboaster and process hacker? I know that's not the right answer, but there's some guys who can't get it to work, so that's a good thing you can play on yours.

NI is not going to make a statement until they have a solution. Look at Apple and the Iphone 4. It came out had tons of issues then they had a press conference much later.

I do wonder how much of this came about during beta testing and why the still released the S4 if it wasn't ready. I think either they felt the need to meet their 1 November date, or they wanted to get a head start on Sales prior to the holidays and prior to Winter NAMM. Which means it was obviously all profit based.

Hopefully they are working around the clock and fix this asap. If it's not fixed in a month or so everyone who was unsure about getting one, will just wait another month or so and see what is available after NAMM. So they need to get hot.

Stay patient man.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Tech Guru

I have had some issues too. Out of all the possible ways to fix CPU spikes I found raising the buffer size helped. But this in fact did not fix all my problems. When I use browse mode I still get massive CPU spikes and audio cracks and pops.
    Traktor Scratch Pro, Ableton Live 8, MacBook Pro 13'', Traktor Kontrol S4, Traktor Kontrol X1, , Midifighter, NI Audio 6 DJ, HDJ-2000 Headphones, UDG Producer Bag.
    Original Productions: https://soundcloud.com/alligator
    My Duo Productions: https://soundcloud.com/rockafellers
    Facebook Fanpage -->http://www.facebook.com/djalligator123

anyone fix these spike issues ???

A lot of probs w/ mine too. I hope I can get them sorted out. I'm starting to wonder if I just should have kept my vci.

Tech Wizard

Default s4

Hey all, just droppin in to say I am totally new to digital dj'ing and I got my s4 in the first shipment and I love it. I had to calibrate the jogs once and reboot once but other than that, no problems. The machine is amazing and I'm surprised to hear many complaints. Even though NI is slow as shit as far as customer service, I think they put out a great product and I'd like to think that the problem units are just a small percentage. Good luck with it- there are so many options with the s4 and I don't see many people second guessing it over the vci.

-DJO

Got my s4 now for some weeks, First it seemed alright with my vaio 2.2 ghz and ultimate 7 clean instal, but then it started the glitches and pops.

So i disabled, wifi and my n vida card, further i updated all my drivers and set all the usb ports to 1oo% power'.

latency at 256 samples.

It's a lot better now but still once in a while a little glitch.

next thing i gonna try is taking the battery out. But before the tweaking that didn't make any difference

Hope NI comes with a driver update.

But yeah that's now a days with buying the first batch, all the brands, now they can update after wards so we are their testers. Happened with all my midi gear

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Check the new Windows tuning tips posted at NI

http://www.native-instruments.com/fo...d.php?t=125245
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

my only issue is the auto gain and clipping, but im on a macbook and just have to turn all the gains down and it fixes, guess im lucky when things are put in perspective

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast