New hangout, exited! - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

ROAD TRIP!!! P-Phunk, I'd love to come opening day. You think maybe one day I can spin there as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Krilikz View Post
    Should most likly go with a cable for that, i think its true that you should keep most wireless things (like cell phones) around audio equipment

got no source for that, but iv seen stuff on it before
    Actually anything to do with networking while you are doing audio stuff is a bad idea, having networking devices enabled is the #1 cause of crackles and pops.

If you realy want to give the dj internet access it should only be done over ethernet because having your wifi enabled while djing is the main thing thats going to cause buffer underruns(that crackling you hear when your latency settings are too low).

Even ethernet has these problems but its not nearly as bad as having wifi enabled.
    Last edited by BentoSan; 12-08-2008 at 02:33 AM.

i hope its done by feb, cause me and my friends are planning a trip up there for spring break, if you want to pm me direction that would be awesome. Also what type of music will be played there
    www.myspace.com/djxsquizet
    my arsenal:
    2x vestax pdx, numark dxm09, m-audio x session pro, and ableton live 6.

I spin hip hop/electro/top 40

my 10minmix video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqAgSmaG4zM

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    Actually anything to do with networking while you are doing audio stuff is a bad idea, having networking devices enabled is the #1 cause of crackles and pops.

If you realy want to give the dj internet access it should only be done over ethernet because having your wifi enabled while djing is the main thing thats going to cause buffer underruns(that crackling you hear when your latency settings are too low).

Even ethernet has these problems but its not nearly as bad as having wifi enabled.
    Thusfar, I never had any problems with that. What pcs and internetconnections and hardware are you guys on? My hardware isn't that spectacular? :eek:
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Quote Originally Posted by Tekki View Post
    Thusfar, I never had any problems with that. What pcs and internetconnections and hardware are you guys on? My hardware isn't that spectacular? :eek:
    http://www.thesycon.de/deu/latency_check.shtml

Check this tool and start disabling your networking devices and watch the difference. Most of the time you can then take your rig down to even lower latencies after doing this - its not about the quality of the networking components used at all. Im running a perfectly decent intel wifi chipset but it still causes problems with audio streaming.

This is just one of those things everyone should be doing as part of optimising their setup.

Notice how much latency drops when you kill the wifi, then again when you kill the ethernet and again when you kill the bluetooth.

Why should I take apart my system again, if all works fine?

(I have to be honest, I do not have a gig setup yet, but for performing @home still works well enough!)
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Loay View Post
    ROAD TRIP!!! P-Phunk, I'd love to come opening day. You think maybe one day I can spin there as well?
    Ya bro, for sure. Could always organize a BBoy/Popping event here sometime too.

For music, like everything else ( =P ) I haven't sat down with the boss and talked about it yet. I personally want to spin every BUT Top40, since all the other clubs in the city only play that shit 24/7 and I hope to attract the more underground electronic movement. There will probably be style nights.

I will post its location when they manage to finish the walls on it =/. They better be working today, we got hit with a decent snow storm.

djxsquizet: Lawl! I have never heard of people coming up to Canada for spring break. All about Mexico no? Haha sweet to hear this, cuz ya know, Canada rocks! 18/19 legal drinking age baby =D.
    ~MacBook 2.4 GHz | Pacemaker 666 | Traktor Pro | Ableton Live 7~
    ~Indie Dance | Nu Disco | Electro House | Old Skool Funk~

w00t.

DJTT regular night ftw! Every month another international DJ comes flying in. XD

Watergate club looks wicked Tekki! I'm heading to Berlin next January for a weekend with my girlfriend and was planning on just going to Berghain, but gonna have to check Watergate now too!

Anyone here living in Berlin? Know if there's a need for ESL teachers?! I'd love to move to Berlin if I could get a teaching job there.

P-Phunk that is awesome to have your own budget. A DJTT international hub sounds like an great party!
    17" MacBook Pro, 2.66 GHz i7, 4GB RAM; Vestax VCI-100, NI Audio Kontrol 1/ MBox Mini, M-Audio Oxygen 8, Beyerdynamic DT-150 cans; Pro Tools LE 8, Ableton Live 8, Logic Studio 9, Traktor Pro

MAN! watergate club is the shit. i´ve been there several times and it is awsome. this should be the first club in berlin u should go! by the way i don´t live in berlin but i just have to drive 2 h to get there.
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast